No announcement yet.

The Metal (Music) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the late 90’s, there used to be a “practice warehouse” on the north/north east side of Dallas right off of 635. It was 2 story and had narrow halls with tons of rooms everywhere that bands would rent out to go practice in. Spent a lot of time up there. Saw Erika Badu on many occasions and several guys from Pantera too. They could come and go without too many people harassing them. Big names would show up on occasion and you couldn’t tell who was there due to the number of people around them.

Went to MANY concerts. Saw Tool play a 2 hour set after the Melvins got booed off stage. Maynard refused to come back to Dallas for a long time after that. Saw Korn, Limp Biscuit, Ice Cube, and Rahmstein at a Family Values tour. The show got stopped in the middle of Rahmstein’s set when people in the crowd decided to start lighting shirts on fire and throw them up into the box seats in Fair Park Colosseum. Lights got turned on, fire extinguishers were going off, and someone came over the PA and told everyone to settle down or the show is over. Saw White Zombie right before Rob decided to go out on his own.

So many shows, so many fond memories!!!

Comment

Pantera Reunion Tour 2023

Comment

Awesome! What a great necro thread to resurrect!

How about some more Avatar?
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apZlp-ZKe9g&ab_channel=AvatarVEVO"]Avatar - Torn Apart (Official Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Best creepy song ever:
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thuJxPWFIus&ab_channel=EAMusic"]Avatar - Bloody Angel - YouTube[/ame]

and some more Arch Enemy:
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvDjeRs-_o&ab_channel=ArchEnemy"]ARCH ENEMY - House Of Mirrors (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Lamb of God makes slayer look like Willie Nelson

Comment

Missed this thread til now, surprised to only see Meshuggah mentioned once. Y'all boys missin out

Comment

The Metal (Music) Thread

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
              Missed this thread til now, surprised to only see Meshuggah mentioned once. Y'all boys missin out

I’ve never listened to them. I guess as I’ve gotten older I kinda slowed down on the real hard stuff.

About as hard as I like is Mastodon and Gojira. The rest is hard rock and prog metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Black Ice; 07-15-2022, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Nobody likes Rob Zombie? I need to go see him live in concert someday. I think it'd be awesome.

I've been listening to Black Label Society here lately. They're not new by any means but I like 'em.

As I Lay Dying is another band I haven't seen mentioned.

Y'all should also check out Fit For a King. Lioness is the first song I ever heard from them but they have some others that are pretty awesome.

Let me see what else.....In Flames. Where Dead Ships Dwell.

CKY-96 Quiet Bitter Beings. Has to be in my top 10 favorite songs of all time.

Killswitch Engage-My Last Serenade.
                Last edited by okrattler; 07-15-2022, 11:15 PM.

Comment

The Metal (Music) Thread

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Nobody likes Rob Zombie? I need to go see him live in concert someday. I think it'd be awesome.

I've been listening to Black Label Society here lately. They're not new by any means but I like 'em.

Y'all should also check out Fit For a King. Lioness is the first song I ever heard from them but they have some others that are pretty awesome.

You would get along with a buddy of mine who is always sending me the bands you mentioned.

I guess I’ll give them another shot. I loved Rob Zombie in my 20’s and still jam White Zombie but haven’t listened to Rob Zombie since I was listing to his brother in Powerman 5000.

The new BLack Label album is great and I’ve been jamming that since it came out.

Last edited by Black Ice; 07-15-2022, 11:57 PM.

Comment

The Metal (Music) Thread

If my son wasn’t such a troll I would have him get an account and join in on this thread! I don’t know how I raised a metal head, but he is deep into it! He has a battle vest covered in patches that he has hand sewn himself…
                    Megadeth, Messugah, obituary, death, Metallica, Pantera, Carcass, Amon amarth, lamb of god and a bunch of others I can’t think of at the moment…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by tradman; 07-16-2022, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Rob Zombie is fantastic!!! Loved White Zombie, Powerman 5000, Pantera…. Haven’t kept up as of late but saw Rob on Ink Masters the other day!

Comment

Rob Zombie makes good movies. Music, not so much.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          You would get along with a buddy of mine who is always sending me the bands you mentioned.

I guess I’ll give them another shot. I loved Rob Zombie in my 20’s and still jam White Zombie but haven’t listened to Rob Zombie since I was listing to his brother in Powerman 5000.

The new BLack Label album is great and I’ve been jamming that since it came out.

That started out ok and then the vocals came in. Yikes. Does he try to sound like Ozzy or is it just coincidental?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Rob Zombie makes good movies. Music, not so much.

Agree

Comment

X2 for As I Lay Dying, them and August Burns Red got me into metal. Lambesis is/was one heck of a screamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                That started out ok and then the vocals came in. Yikes. Does he try to sound like Ozzy or is it just coincidental?

Dude it’s Zakk Wylde.

Don’t act like you’ve never heard him sing[emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X