Originally posted by SM69 View Post
    Priest
    Maiden
    Sabbath
    AC/DC
    Krokus
    Saxon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes! Classics from the formative years! I would add, in no particular order:

Michael Schenker Group
    Armoured Saint,
    Mercyful Fate
    Celtic Frost
    Motorhead
    Early Judas Priest
    Slayer
    Dio
    Megadeth
    Testament

Oldies but goodies!!!!!!

cricman

Comment

I heard a song or 2 from Demolisher. It was pretty good, but I am not a hardcore metal guy and have only heard a song or 2 of theirs.

So give Demolisher: Slaughter to Prevail a listen

Comment

"Give them an inch, and they take the ****ing world."

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OyiFLaO1Cs"]Worship Decay - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Some great ones mentioned here. I'll throw Mudvayne out as one that I enjoy and has not been mentioned yet. Not as heavy as some mentioned, but I believe they fall into the category.

Comment

Slipknot makes me want to break things.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
              Some great ones mentioned here. I'll throw Mudvayne out as one that I enjoy and has not been mentioned yet. Not as heavy as some mentioned, but I believe they fall into the category.
              I dunnnnoooooo. LD50 is pretty freakin heavy. Death Blooms and Dig are pretty strong

Comment

If you like counting, I recommend listening to Meshuggah - Bleed. Try counting the bass drum kicks and how many are in each set of BRRRRTA. It’s like counting the rounds from an A-10 as they are incoming to your position

Comment

I taught my 12yr old son how to play the intro to South of Heaven. Then I got to explain why someone would sing about south of Heaven, why even though they are totally awesome he probably shouldn’t be listening to Slayer yet, and also just what the heck is his dad doing listening to Slayer if he shouldn’t be listening to Slayer. It was a weird bonding, bad parenting, uhh how bout we just get back to tormenting the family with our horrible guitar playing kind of moment.

Comment

Definitely more blues than metal but Danzig is always good for a listen. Especially the Lucifuge album

Comment

Yep. Slayer, Lamb oh God and Sepultura still rule.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Yep. Slayer, Lamb oh God and Sepultura still rule.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        I concur

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                          Definitely more blues than metal but Danzig is always good for a listen. Especially the Lucifuge album

He is responsible for “Mother”, which in and of itself is reason for him to be banished to Hell. [emoji51][emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nasty .

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcpjKfDw3yM"]Immovable Stone - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

It’s not hardcore metal per se but I’ve got all kinds of stories from the Dallas area in the late 90’s.

I used to roadie a lot for some friends. Nothing big but it would get me into bars for free. My roommate at the time was in a little band called Slack. They never made it but the lead singer was incredible. Dave never forgot a face or a name. He had stage presence like no one I had ever seen and he knew how to work a crowd. Well, Slack ended up going their separate ways and Dave ended up singing for a little band that made it pretty good. Dave Williams was the lead singer for Drowning Pool. We miss you Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                                It’s not hardcore metal per se but I’ve got all kinds of stories from the Dallas area in the late 90’s.

I used to roadie a lot for some friends. Nothing big but it would get me into bars for free. My roommate at the time was in a little band called Slack. They never made it but the lead singer was incredible. Dave never forgot a face or a name. He had stage presence like no one I had ever seen and he knew how to work a crowd. Well, Slack ended up going their separate ways and Dave ended up singing for a little band that made it pretty good. Dave Williams was the lead singer for Drowning Pool. We miss you Dave.
                                No ****? That's pretty cool. I still remember buying the "Sinner" album when I was a kid. Listened to it quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X