No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to throw this out there. How about a fly swap from time to time? Say the first 10-14 people for ea category, specify saltwater, freshwater, salmon, redfish, tarpon whatever someone might be interested in. Have them as many times as one would want.
    Just shoot some comments out there.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      Just want to throw this out there. How about a fly swap from time to time? Say the first 10-14 people for ea category, specify saltwater, freshwater, salmon, redfish, tarpon whatever someone might be interested in. Have them as many times as one would want.
      Just shoot some comments out there.
      I’m in. My stuff isn’t great but most of it catches fish

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Alright y’all time for me to upgrade waders again (finally). Looking at the Simms G3 and Reddington Sonic Pro. Still haven’t decided on zippers or not. I’m a huge Simms fan but the reddingtons look good and are much cheaper. Anyone have experience with either?

Just spend the money on the SIMMS. You’ll be happier in the long run and their warranty is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          Just spend the money on the SIMMS. You’ll be happier in the long run and their warranty is fantastic.

I had a pair of Simms for about 12-13 years before they finally died. Got a great deal on an orvis set at their warehouse sale and they aren’t even close. In 3 years I’ve had to patch about 5 leaks. I’m a big fan of quality waders.

May just end up with the G3z then, reviews on the g4 say they’re warmer which I don’t need

Comment

I have the Simms G3 waders and love them, if anything were to happen to them I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again. Buy once cry once

Comment

Alright y’all time for me to upgrade waders again (finally). Looking at the Simms G3 and Reddington Sonic Pro. Still haven’t decided on zippers or not. I’m a huge Simms fan but the reddingtons look good and are much cheaper. Anyone have experience with either?

I’ll second the Simms G3’s, jacket and waders are awesome. Layer up properly underneath and I am very comfortable fishing in cold water. Glad I made the investment in their gear.

Comment

I have some Simms with the zipper. I don't remember the model, but I LOVE the zipper, especially when the weather is warm.

Comment

I love it. It feels more natureish than most outdoor activities.

Comment

The Guadalupe has a few trout in it, been fishing real nice the last two weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8873.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	24567326

Name:	IMG_8848.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	24567327

Name:	IMG_9498.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	24567328

Name:	IMG_9502.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	24567329

Name:	IMG_9506.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	24567330

Name:	IMG_9507.jpg
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	24567331

Name:	IMG_9519.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	24567332

Comment

Iam in as well, just started tying again after about 10 years off. I target carp mostly right now. But I’ve been tying some flies lately getting ready for spring.

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post

[ATTACH]941660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941661[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941662[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941663[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941666[/ATTACH]

Those are some nice trout! I had no idea the Guadalupe had those size trout in it.

Comment

graesz - I love fishing the Guadalupe and have been wanting to go but the reports keep saying it is too hign for wading. doesn't look bad in your pics. what part are you going to? I normally go to lazy l&l.

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post

[ATTACH]941660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941661[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941662[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941663[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]941666[/ATTACH]

Man what pretty fish, thanks for sharing those pics. What are you catching them on?

Comment

Mine either, but they catch fish. Lets see how many are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                Iam in as well, just started tying again after about 10 years off. I target carp mostly right now. But I’ve been tying some flies lately getting ready for spring.
                                Excellent

Comment

Working...
                                X