No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh theres ducks. And lots of them. Know where to go. Buddy has been killing his limit every day hes gone...but a internet scouter wont find them. Get out and do your scouting. Youll find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
      Oh theres ducks. And lots of them. Know where to go. Buddy has been killing his limit every day hes gone...but a internet scouter wont find them. Get out and do your scouting. Youll find them.

Not an internet scouter, I have my spots. But I don’t live in the area anymore so I don’t know what they look like. All I asked about yesterday was the flooding but thanks for the input bud

Comment

Honestly interested of pics of said limit from the past couple days on walk in Somerville wma land. There have been a decent amount of ducks this season but this past week has gone down hill fast with the little wind we’ve had and no cold weather

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
          Honestly interested of pics of said limit from the past couple days on walk in Somerville wma land. There have been a decent amount of ducks this season but this past week has gone down hill fast with the little wind we’ve had and no cold weather

Quit scouting online and put legwork in... stop going to the same ponds everyone else is. Theres alot of ‘new’ areas holding water...

Comment

Quit scouting online and put legwork in... stop going to the same ponds everyone else is. Theres alot of ‘new’ areas holding water...

Looks like a good hunt

Comment

Saw zero deer, 5 ducks(4 in one group and 1 by itself) ....not sure what kind. I need to take up duck hunting next year! Very windy afternoon so I’m going to hunt down a Chicken Fried Steak than back at it hunting in the morning. Nails creek at Box 1 was flooded again....amazing what a little rain can do to that creek and saturated ground out there!

Comment

Seen 9 does this am first time in a month if seen a good number of deer not sure where my dang pigs went tho me and my boy here this afternoon needing a pig or spike to walk out its windy and chilly out here tho!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                  Seen 9 does this am first time in a month if seen a good number of deer not sure where my dang pigs went tho me and my boy here this afternoon needing a pig or spike to walk out its windy and chilly out here tho!

Good luck! I hope he arrows one!

Comment

It's been quiet on here today. Did anyone go hunting this morning?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

We fished the creeks today.
                      This morning sounded like a battlezone at WMA. Seen numerous flocks of 8-10 gaddy flying this morning.

Comment

Sounds like next Sunday is going to be below 20 degrees wind chill. I'm hoping that's the day the deer will be moving.

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
                          It's been quiet on here today. Did anyone go hunting this morning?

Saw 2 does this morning. Found small 5 pt skull near creek. Did not hunt this evening. Next weekend may be good but 15-22 mph winds and in the low is 29 degrees lol....may be a cold one but I’ll be there with you for the last weekend of deer hunting....may not be there all day though lol. It’s still really wet and flooded out there at both Yegua and Nails. I’ll be tearing up the white bass after January 20th....as long as it doesn’t flood again.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
                            Saw 2 does this morning. Found small 5 pt skull near creek. Did not hunt this evening. Next weekend may be good but 15-22 mph winds and in the low is 29 degrees lol....may be a cold one but I’ll be there with you for the last weekend of deer hunting....may not be there all day though lol. It’s still really wet and flooded out there at both Yegua and Nails. I’ll be tearing up the white bass after January 20th....as long as it doesn’t flood again.
                            Fished the creek today no luck water still way to high and muddy I forgot how long of a walk it is hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                              Fished the creek today no luck water still way to high and muddy I forgot how long of a walk it is hahaha

Fishing should be good soon, let’s just hope for no more rain to clear it up! I agree....walking in there is always easier than walking out! I can’t imagine how slippery and muddy those fishing banks are right now!

Comment

So here is what I don't understand. They let us use a muzzleloader season as an extension to a general season, but we cant's take antlerless deer in Burleson county. Which is allowed according to Burleson's regulations.

I wrote to that hunt@... address and got this obviously out-of-the-book reply:

=============================================
                                "Somerville PHL is only open for Buck white tailed deer harvest till Jan. 20th. There is antlerless WTD hunting on Somerville at this time.

Sincerely,
                                Public Hunt Staff"
                                =============================================

You can legally take does in November 22-25 if hunting within Burleson's limits. Even though in the PHL book it says you can't.

So I'm pretty sure the same applies to the muzzlleloader season. Can any of you guys check with someone who really knows this stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X