Public Hunting other than TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
    We're going to WY late season this next year. If anyone has 5.5 points and wants to go late pm me. If we draw we will head up after the 15 of Oct. We're right on the bubble for the unit we want if point creep isn't too bad. We're also going to try for general elk. That's due Jan 31st.
    Good luck in the draw.
    An Oct 15 hunt is really not considered a late hunt up here, most elk rifle seasons open Oct 15. Our late cow season just closed yesterday East of town. Good thing it was -10 this morning.
    General elk is not a bad tag, you get to hunt any general area. Our elk numbers are high right now but winter may come into play. Look into some reduced price cow/calf tags too.
    Most folks don't realize just how high our elevation is even at lower towns. We are at 7,220 here in Laramie and it goes up quickly closer to the mountains.
    Care to mention your area , understand if you don't?

Comment

Late season for Pronghorn. We'll prob get cow tags for elk. Thanks

Comment

Late pronghorn are fun, big herds and lots of eyes. Once they yard up for winter some bigger bucks are visible again. By Nov the horn sheaths can slip off, handle carefully.
        Cow tags and doe deer are good add- ons for later pronghorn hunt. Good luck with the draw.

Comment

It's a long trip, but there are over the counter tags in Washington and Oregon for public land elk, blacktail deer, bear, and mountain lion. I'll be headed to the Oregon coast this coming fall for Roosevelt elk. My son lives out there and he is putting in the miles scouting before the season.

Comment

Has anyone hunted Antelope in South Dakota? I'm wanting to plan a antelope hunt this year and to me it seams that South Dakota would be a good place since i can by a tag over the counter and there is lots of public land. I know Wyoming has the best herds but it seams like i could still be successful in south Dakota and its a guarantee that i get a tag.

Comment

Working...
            X