• Show
Clear All

got in some work tonight due to volleyball games being cancelled

All,

Got a little work done due to my daughters volleyball game being cancelled:

Appliances installed

Hood above microwave skinned with rough lumber

First row of open shelving done

Front loft guard rails complete (Not sure what we are going to do in here yet, maybe game room or maybe little library room)

Doors of the laundry built to match the upstairs closet doors
    Attached Files

Comment

I am going to add a stainless countertop over two 3/4" plywood pieces on the island section.

Comment

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!! Keep the pics coming!!!

Comment

Amazing work, the floors are really cool...

Comment

A few updates, but not much time to work lately

All,

A few updates, but I have been busy with work and my wife's family reunion this past week. Not much time to work on The Barn, but here are a few updates.

1) My better half didn't like how variegated the floors were, so I added another layer of stain over everything in "Malay Tan" color

2) Got my 72" fan installed, that sucker moves some air!

3) Carpet installers came and did the two lofts
            Attached Files

Comment

Those pics are right-side up in my pictures folder, I have no clue why the post turns them sideways. Can anyone tell me how to get them to stay the way they are in my pictures folder???

Comment

Finish on the floors of two rooms

I had some time last night to put finish on My son's room and the kids bathroom. Very pleased with the finished product. The tan stain over everything that was already there gave a good look with depth, and you can still see areas of black, walnut, green, and the tan.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking good brother and YES, I bet that fan does indeed move some air.

Comment

looks really nice, congrats

Comment

Amazing

Comment

Floors are done!!!

All,

I am so sick of staining, neutralizing, mopping, sweeping, mopping, mopping, and putting finish on. However, I am done!

We ended up using several coats of several colors of concrete stain to get the look we wanted.......walnut brown, black, lawn green, and then maylay tan over the top of everything. A ton of work, but they turned out nice we think.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thainixs View Post
                          All,

I am so sick of staining, neutralizing, mopping, sweeping, mopping, mopping, and putting finish on. However, I am done!

We ended up using several coats of several colors of concrete stain to get the look we wanted.......walnut brown, black, lawn green, and then maylay tan over the top of everything. A ton of work, but they turned out nice we think.
                          good job. I like it!

Comment

Updates for last week and weekend

A few updates for the past few days:

- Electric Fireplace is in and skinned the surround with barn wood
                            - Some living room furniture is in
                            - Got kitchen island topped with a piece of OSB in preparation of the piece of stainless that is coming
                            - Master bath is painted
                            - Put some latches on a few doors that we made
                            - snuck a bow hunt in (saw 2 does) forgot my boots, so I hunted in crocs!!!
                            - Scored a 3" thick slab of southern bald cypress for a mantle above the fireplace. The guy that did my tongue and groove wood, gave it to me (score!)
                            Attached Files

Comment

looking really great !

Comment

Fireplace Is Finished

All,

Finally got this fireplace and mantle finished.

- Framed 2x4 box enclosure
                                - Sheetrock for fire protection
                                - Covered in barn wood because my better half said so
                                - 3" thick by 15" wide bald cypress mantle (two coats of Danish oil and two coats of poly acrylic)
                                - all barnwood sanded and covered with one coat of minwax poly acrylic

Got the thumbs up from the little lady so I am really happy to be done with this little project.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X