No announcement yet.

Ford SYNC 3 lagging problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I took mine in Monday. Like y'all said, it is the radio but my truck is out of warranty. It has 49,000 miles. They told me the radio will cost about $1100. and take 3-4 weeks to come in. Doesn't seem like a radio should fail in less than 2 years.
    When they replaced your radio, has it worked right? I dang sure don't want to pay all that money for a radio with the same issues.

Comment

I have a 2016 King Ranch. My screen quit working too - slow to respond, etc. I now have my THIRD module in the radio. First time covered under warranty. Second time I was out of warranty so they tried to charge me $1000 to replace the module again. I said hell no - clearly Ford has an issue with this and should do a recall.

It took lots of time and effort - my dealer was of no help (Mac Haik Georgetown). So I contacted the Ford corporate office and after lots of effort got them to waive the cost. The entire process was an ordeal.
      Last edited by Huntingfool; 12-03-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I have had no luck with Fords and their electronics. Everyone I know has had issues with them and I am not sure why....

Comment

My 2017 f350 has a slow screen drives me crazy everyday just started this nonsense truck has 98k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man, you guys are scaring me. I have a 2018 thats about to be a year old in December. I have about 22,000 miles on it. So far, (knock on wood) no problems. The only issue Ive had so far it the text message notification dinger on the screen has to be always reset or it wont notify my phone that a text was sent. Other than that, (like i said, knock on wood) I havent had any other problems. I dont know what i'd do if i had to spend 1000-1200 on a new radio and computer screen, that takes 4 weeks to get in, then more to have it installed. Hopefully responding to this thread doenst jinx me.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
              I have a 2016 King Ranch. My screen quit working too - slow to respond, etc. I now have my THIRD module in the radio. First time covered under warranty. Second time I was out of warranty so they tried to charge me $1000 to replace the module again. I said hell no - clearly Ford has an issue with this and should do a recall.

It took lots of time and effort - my dealer was of no help (Mac Haik Georgetown). So I contacted the Ford corporate office and after lots of effort got them to waive the cost. The entire process was an ordeal.
              How long ago and how well has the newest one worked? If you had a 2016 fail and it was replaced with a 2017 version and it failed and now I see a lot of the 2018 are failing, seems like Ford hasn't fixed the issue.

Comment

My 2012 never had an issue with the screen it had 280k

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                  My 2012 never had an issue with the screen it had 280k

Is your's a SYNC or a SYNC3? Mine is the SYNC3.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                    Is your's a SYNC or a SYNC3? Mine is the SYNC3.

Sync 3

Comment

I have a 2017 and my sync 3 with navigation totally failed, after getting ford involved, they finally replaced the control head and no issues since then and that was over a year ago

Comment

Well I took mine in Monday. Like y'all said, it is the radio but my truck is out of warranty. It has 49,000 miles. They told me the radio will cost about $1100. and take 3-4 weeks to come in. Doesn't seem like a radio should fail in less than 2 years.
                        When they replaced your radio, has it worked right? I dang sure don't want to pay all that money for a radio with the same issues.
                        Mine has not hiccuped since the part was replaced, but I don’t think they replaced the entire radio.

Comment

Accessory Protocall Interface Module (APIM). This is not the screen itself. Controls everything in center stack. Sometimes a hour battery disconnect can resolve the issue. Other times the module has to be replaced. Usually they can be had in 2-3 days.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure if they will replace my whole radio or just the bad part. I just hope whatever they do will fix it and not just patch it for a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                              Accessory Protocall Interface Module (APIM). This is not the screen itself. Controls everything in center stack. Sometimes a hour battery disconnect can resolve the issue. Other times the module has to be replaced. Usually they can be had in 2-3 days.
                              Planet Ford had my truck in the back for about 3 hours. I'm sure they weren't just working on my truck but they had it long enough to disconnect the battery and test the APIM. Planet Ford is who told me the part needed to be replaced. They have ordered it and told me it would take 3-4 weeks. That's what they told me.

Comment

How long ago and how well has the newest one worked? If you had a 2016 fail and it was replaced with a 2017 version and it failed and now I see a lot of the 2018 are failing, seems like Ford hasn't fixed the issue.
                                the latest one was put in around a year ago - has worked well so far but I am confident it will eventually fail again -

Comment

Working...
                                X