• Show
Clear All

^^^^^^ worth repeating. AWAYS BUY BIGGER THAN WHAT NEED

Comment

AMSEC B&F Series are top shelf...

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
        ^^^^^^ worth repeating. AWAYS BUY BIGGER THAN WHAT NEED
        x3 I'd like to meet the person who sizes these things, and kick them in the shins. A scoped rifle basically takes up 2 spots.

Comment

If you buy a gun at academy you get an additional 10% off their gun safes.

I bought a Stack-On Total Defense 69 from Gander last year (only because they had a sale) and when I was shopping for them if you created a free account online with Gander you'd get an additional 10% off and free shipping. I paid around $950 total, shipped and delivered to my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            x3 I'd like to meet the person who sizes these things, and kick them in the shins. A scoped rifle basically takes up 2 spots.
            AR's are worse, they take up 3 spots.

Comment

Might want to consider the Liberty Fatboy Jr. I think this model is one of the best bangs for your buck. Even better would be one of the Liberty safes that are not labeled with those model names. Some of the discount stores sell Liberty safes that are actually Fatboy Jr (and other models) safe without the moniker. For example Atwood Farm and Home stores do this at quite a discount.

Comment

I bought a Liberty Fatboy from gander mountain before they closed in College Station. Holds 48 guns. Always buy larger than you think you’ll need cause you’ll put a lot of stuff in it. I would also recommend buying a “Saf-e-Lert with it. It sends text messages and email alerts to up to five numbers if there is motion, tampering, a change in heat etc. well worth the money.

Comment

Buy the biggest liberty safe you can afford.

Comment

Look at Moore security out of the Tomball area. Bought from them and had it delivered multiple times. Best money spent for various reasons. Used them every time I have moved.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I had a cannon. It broke twice, I was not impressed. Bought a liberty Fatboy. its legit.

Comment

yeah...if you think a 40 is gonna work then get the 52 or biggest one that fits through the door. You will end up putting more valuables besides firearms. I have an amsec that was really painful to hand over the $$$ & upped the size all I could 20yrs ago & so glad I did.

The 2nd B&F was a no-brainer & got the big one...albeit still painful on the wallet.

Comment

Talk to.Fred Trotter at Houston Safe and Lock

Houston's leading provider of safes, safe moving, and comprehensive locksmith services for your residential and commercial needs.

Grab an amSec from him.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard to avoid cheap box store safes, because the locking mechanisms are unreliable.

Comment

I ordered a Liberty 36 that should deliver mid next month. I looked at a ton of them and it was my favorite in my budget. Excellent construction from what I’ve read and seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                                I went with a Superior and am very happy. Do your research. There is a lot to consider such as number of live locking bolts, thickness of door/walls/top, thermal rating, number of steps in the door that keep a prybar out, type of lock etc.

A lot of the box store "safes" are not difficult to get into, especially with a little time. Try rattling the door on one at academy. Also, the door may be 5 inches thick but most of that is air, not steel.

Decide what do you want it for? To keep kids hands away? Then an academy safe will work. Do you have a lot of money invested in the contents and want to protect from a burglar? You will have more piece of mind with a better safe. I suggest you find a local company that specializes in safes and check them out.

Lastly, buy twice as big as you think you need. Guns multiply and your wife will find things that need to go in there too!

This right here though I would recommend 3x larger than you think you need. Most underestimate what they need. a 21 long gun safe does not comfortably hold 21 long guns. I think when they measure they use flat rubber band guns. Bolt guns usually take most of two slots unless you don't mind bumping things up against each other. I went with rhino brand safe, one of the Iron Works just because it looked cool.
                                Rhino Metals, an American maker of long lasting, hand-crafted gun safes. We offer the best option to store your arms and valuables. Visit Us Now!

If you are going to invest the money buy something worthwhile. I purchased mine from a local company, they cut me a deal, delivered and installed the safes. It was worth every penny.

Comment

Working...
                                X