No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven’t been able to go this year due to work but i drive by my lease constantly, but as of now I still see lots of bucks with both sides on alongside 281 and 77

Comment

My group just leased a place in McMullen County that is just shy of 2,800 acres MLD 3 that has not been leased in 6 years. The owner and sons have been mostly culling and getting the age structure in place for it to be leased. It is a low fence ranch with another 2,800 acres bordering us on the same MLD program. We are excited to get out there do some work, feed some deer, and hopefully have a good first season. We have seen game cam pics from this past season and deer the ranch has produced going back to the 70's and the genetics seem to be in place.

The ranch has 10 protein feeding stations in place. The owner half filled them in early March but said they deer arent hitting them very much. Ranch is too green.

Looking forward to keeping up with this thread!
      Last edited by RJK70; 03-28-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        My group just leased a place in McMullen County that is just shy of 2,800 acres MLD 3 that has not been leased in 6 years. The owner and sons have been mostly culling and getting the age structure in place for it to be leased. It is a low fence ranch with another 2,800 acres bordering us on the same MLD program. We are excited to get out there do some work, feed some deer, and hopefully have a good first season. We have seen game cam pics from this past season and deer the ranch has produced going back to the 70's and the genetics seem to be in place.

Looking forward to keeping up with this thread!
        I see you are in McMullen County, we are as well. What general location?

Comment

South of Tilden and south of the river. HWY 16 area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

South of Tilden and south of the river. HWY 16 area.

10/4

We are west of Tilden off 72

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
              10/4

We are west of Tilden off 72

Nice, how long have y’all been hunting out that way?

Comment

Need rain in N Webb county

Comment

All of Webb county....hopefully we get some this weekend.

Comment

In McMullen. Hasn’t rained in a while but a super wet winter made for a pretty green up! Could use rain any time now.

First and last sheds have over 20” of mass! Hope to see them next year at 6.5 yrs old.

Comment

Yup deep south Texas, Mexico no rain for a hot minute! Come on rain!

Comment

I was at our place in Freer last week and some bucks have dropped and some haven't. I would guess it was probably close to 50/50.

They are not heavy into the protein or cotton seed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          In McMullen. Hasn’t rained in a while but a super wet winter made for a pretty green up! Could use rain any time now.

First and last sheds have over 20” of mass! Hope to see them next year at 6.5 yrs old.

What are those yellow flowered plants? I have a bunch in my food plots too.

Comment

Nice, how long have y’all been hunting out that way?

The lease boss has been running the place for over 20’years.

This will be my 4th season coming up. Just got lucky and a buddy got me on when someone had to get off.

Comment

Nice sheds Hunter!

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
                              What are those yellow flowered plants? I have a bunch in my food plots too.
                              I think it’s Blackfoot daisy

Comment

Headed down today. Looking for sheds and turkey's.

Comment

Working...
                                X