No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the translation. Sounds like fun but current travel situation makes me not want to get out of state (currently in AR). Don't want to get locked down while away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
      I had an XP50, one of the originals, and loved it. It was a game-changer at the price point. I saw the pictures of the version 2 images and pre-ordered. I am expecting big things given how good the original is!

Does anyone know if the zero delta mount for the version one will work on the version 2? That was my only gripe on the v1- the mount was junk, I have heard they worked on it but the zero delta is a masterpiece!

My understanding is the Trail 2 will have the same footprint so a Zero Delta or Bobro will fit it

Comment

tagged

Comment

Pulsar Digex is in the mail to me, can't wait. I was on top of the list for a Wraith 4K but couldn't pass up the right here and now deal I got on the Digex. I hope I didn't mess up but with the China issues I was worried it be another 6 months before I saw the 4K...

Comment

This year has been slow for me. Had a kid the first week of January, so Jan-feb I didn’t really have time to get out and do any killing. 3 weeks ago was my first chance to get to go out, and was planning to do some night killing a few nights in a row. Due to some unforeseen work events I got stuck out on a drilling in BFE for 40+ hours straight, and that ate up all 3 nights I was supposed to go killing. We ended up going out for about an hour Thursday night though. Didn’t hit the wheat fields we have major success at, but we caught a decent sounder cruising one of the ranch roads. Ended up with 6. Not bad, but not great. At least it scratched the itch for the short term.Click image for larger version

Name:	2A7ADA6C-DA84-4700-8642-0548DB418B73.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	24613353

Comment

I normally confirm zero on my Trail XP50LRF before heading out at the start of each night. We got busy, and it never even crossed my mind. I had pulled my thermal off the rifle 3-4 times since I last confirmed zero on it, and I had just placed the thermal back in first thing Thursday morning. I had swapped between rifle profiles a few times as well. Pleased to say my rifle was shooting exactly where I was aiming. I had a few finish shots on 3 very small babies at distance to verify zero, and it didn’t even occur to me until I got back to the truck that I hadn’t confirmed zero before hand. Pretty happy with its repeatability to be honest.

Comment

I check mine every once in awhile but so far it’s been rock solid.

Pretty fancy pig dragging bridle you got there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                  I check mine every once in awhile but so far it’s been rock solid.

Pretty fancy pig dragging bridle you got there!

If I’ve let it on the rifle I’m not very **** about it. I mainly confirm out of convenience more than anything. Right where I park my truck when we load up for the night has a 100 yd target, and it takes me about 30 seconds to confirm zero with a single quick shot. I do however care to confirm anytime I pull the thermal off, and put it back on. Which can be pretty often if I decide to shoot critters behind the house with a 22.

The drag is pretty handy. I’ve got that one, and a smaller double drag that goes around your trailer ball and fits in your pocket. The one pictured will drag 6-7 at a time. They run about $15-40 if I recall correctly. A buddy sells them.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    Jason, I did not see it on your site when I pre-ordered. Shoot me a PM with your price and if it is lower I willl cancel my current order and get with you.

Thanks, I'll PM you but the price for the XP50 2 LRF is $5,999, which is the price everywhere.

We intentionally didn't put up the pre-order in our store because we didn't know until a a week or two ago what the unit was going to look like. The prototypes we saw in January all had a very long weird eyepiece on them and Pulsar couldn't say for sure if that was going to be on the US models. We just found out that it will only be on the European models but there are no pictures of the US models because they haven't been made yet. We are trying to get some sort of accurate photo of them to put them online.

- Jason

Comment

Sums up my life pretty well. 3 thermals later and many sleepless nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post

Very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I just received a Sight Mark XT 4.6x42S! I can’t wait to set it up and get to take some shots at night.
                            Could I use this on my .450 Bushmaster or should I mount it on my 5.56/.223?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                              I just received a Sight Mark XT 4.6x42S! I can’t wait to set it up and get to take some shots at night.
                              Could I use this on my .450 Bushmaster or should I mount it on my 5.56/.223?

It should say in the manual what it can handle

Comment

Says .375 H&H. So I guess it will be fine. This would be nice on a 5.56/.223 for coons and coyotes and then smash hogs with it on my .450. Just not many hogs here in Rockville.

Comment

Working...
                                X