Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keens for early season and Chippewa's the rest of the season

Comment

I love my Danners. I think they are 400g and perfect for later season, I've worn them in warmer temps, like 50s and they are still plenty comfortable and not hot. I want to say they ran $150 on zappos.

I wore them in temps in the single digits in Kansas last year and my toes loved them.

Comment

I’ve been wearing the same Danner Pronghorns for years. They have taken me countless miles through mountains and marshes and everything in between. Keep them in good shape with saddle soap and kiwi polish and they won’t let you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like Salomon Hiking boots. They are great. Have a pair quest 4d gtx right now.

Comment

I have owned Schnees, Danner, LaCrosse, and many other hunting boots. Danner Pronghorn are hands down my all time favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
              My Danner Vitals have been nothing short of spectaular.
              I bought them and hunted with them in Colorado last year and have since worn them near daily for work as I walk a LOT.
              I just looked and mine are the Vitals as well.

They have served me in Kansas and west Texas, from 0 degrees to the 50s and been comfortable.

Comment

I love the Redhead's I bought recently ... no, they're not high dollar and probably not the best but they are comfortable, is what counts to me. Haven't checked the waterproofing yet. They are lace-ups too.
                Another great pair I had a long time ago were made by Rocky. I'm pretty easy on shoes anyway but those boots lasted me many, many years.
                Last edited by tdwinklr; 09-24-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Flip-flops!

Comment

Danner pronghorn's when its below freezing. Most other days I'm in Justin snake boots.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Danner pronghorns, but **** they’re hot!

Comment

Danners are good

Comment

I have the uninsulated Danner Pronghorns, and they are too hot for anything above 50 degrees. However, they are some of the best boots I have worn. I highly recommend them.

Can anyone recommend a similar boot for warmer weather?

Comment

I bought a pair of Solomon Quest 4Ds for a Utah elk hunt next week. I've put about 100 miles on them with weight in training and they are really comfy.
                            Edit- they are a bit hot but what boot isn't in 100 degree TX heat?

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado87 View Post
                              I like Salomon Hiking boots. They are great. Have a pair quest 4d gtx right now.

This is what I wear. I dont like traditional boots because I have a hard time being quiet. I use to still hunt in tennis shoes...

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                                Irish setters.
                                2nd on the Irish Setters. I have a pair of the uninsulated Vaprtreks and I absolutely love them. Most comfortable pair of boots I've ever owned at $150. Waterproof, lightweight, and durable. I've got 500-600 miles logged on my current pair and just slapped a new insole in them and they're like a brand new boot again. I'll probably get another couple hundred miles on them before the tread wears off.

Comment

Working...
                                X