Hunting Boots - Your Preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Boots - Your Preference?

Looking for recommendation on hunting boots. My personal preferences are as follows.
    1. Not pull on rubber style, looking for lace up or lace/zipper combo etc
    2. Don’t have to be 100% waterproof, but is a nice feature
    3. I’d like to spend $200 or less.

Drop your recommendations for me!

My Danner Vitals have been nothing short of spectaular.
    I bought them and hunted with them in Colorado last year and have since worn them near daily for work as I walk a LOT.

Comment

All my boots are Danners or Red Wings . Everyone’s foot is different, those two brands just fit me well and are of good quality. Footwear is one of those things I don’t scrimp on - don’t mind paying up.

Comment

Kenetrek or Schnees are my 2 top. You could probably find a Schnee for $200. Not sure what the use will be but if you plan on serious trips I’d spend a little more.

Comment

If it doesn't cool off in central Texas it will be crocks are flip flops with snake boots in the pu.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTexBow92 View Post
            Looking for recommendation on hunting boots. My personal preferences are as follows.
            1. Not pull on rubber style, looking for lace up or lace/zipper combo etc
            2. Don’t have to be 100% waterproof, but is a nice feature
            3. I’d like to spend $200 or less.

Drop your recommendations for me!
            Hanwag Yukon(leather lined-cooler the goretex/Event/outdry etc

Comment

Schnees

Comment

Gore-tex is a must for me. I don't like rubber or anything else that doesn't breathe, and I don't like wet feet.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                  My Danner Vitals have been nothing short of spectaular.
                  I bought them and hunted with them in Colorado last year and have since worn them near daily for work as I walk a LOT.
                  Curious how the waterproofing has been on those Danners? Have you had any issues?

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Irish setters.

Comment

I use more of less hiking boots. They are merrells that I don't believe are still sold. They have a new version. These are probably the lightest hiking boot iv'e ever had and they do well on ice. I'm about to buy these again because i wear them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                        Curious how the waterproofing has been on those Danners? Have you had any issues?

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
                        GoreTex liners. And yes I finally did. 2nd pair.

I’m on my third pair of Danner boots. 18” Pronghorns are like 10 years old. Still waterproof and plenty comfortable. Just beat up on the outside but they are old. Second pair is where I had my problem. Model was the Jackal II, they were 18” lace ups, water proof, Camo with a tennis shoe build and sole. Best pair I’ve ever owned. First day of a hunt last year my left foot got wet. Called danner and I had to send the boots in for inspection. They called me a few days later and said the GoteTex liner had come apart from the sole of the boot. How idk. But I got a credit for any pair of boots from them. Now have the 17” sharp tail. Only worn them a couple times but absolutely love them so far. Just not camp like the last pair.

Comment

It looks like you hunt east Texas so cactus may not a problem for you but a few years ago I gave up on Cordura. It's all-leather boots for me. With Cordura boots it is just a matter of time before you walk through a cactus and not only get a thorn in your foot but it also pokes a hole in the thin "sock" membrane which eventually ruins its waterproof properties. Downside is they are a bit heavier. If I was hunting the mountains or other non-cactus areas I would go with Cordura but west/south, all leather for me.

Comment

I have a pair of Wolverine's with Goretex that cost about $125 ten years ago that are still holding up and feel like putting on a comfy pair of slippers. They aren't very good at keeping the cactus thorns out and I need to waterproof them again. Other than that great boots.

Comment

If your just sitting in a stand, any old boot will do insulated or non. Now if your chasing elk, or hiking/climbing then I would be more concerned with a good boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X