Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
    I drew 11/01 - 11/05. It may be a bit too warm but I'll take it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Congrats. Glad you got one close to home.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know if they have a deer cooler at the refuge?

Comment

Originally posted by BackwoodzHank View Post
        Does anyone know if they have a deer cooler at the refuge?
        Yes they do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Those animals are there in these 100 ° temps right now, they'll be there in November when its 90° too. They dont just show up with the Snowbirds from up north lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I drew 11/1 to 11/5. Look forward to hunting with some of yall again.

Comment

Originally posted by Towboater View Post
              Already have one but they arent allowed as of now.

Comment

I was drawn for LA for 10/25-10/29. I was also drawn for 3 other hunts so I'm gonna let this one go. That will be one more up for second draw for folks that put in. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                  I was drawn for LA for 10/25-10/29. I was also drawn for 3 other hunts so I'm gonna let this one go. That will be one more up for second draw for folks that put in. Good luck!
                  Dang! Well, lucky someone else. Good luck on your other hunts! I'll be excited to follow

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    Tripod would be the best but Pop up of your two choices bc you can’t disturb, attach to, or break/saw/remove anything. And I mean every ANYTHING that is out there. Knee highs bc ticks are horrid and will get on you. I wear base layers at all times to help prevent ticks from gettin to my skin but a few still do. As long as you stay out of the y’all grass you won’t get in the ticks too bad but every square inch of Laguna is got a tick on it.
                    Thanks for the info. Also didnt see that part yet about not disturbing anything. Im still trying to track down all the regulations for archery down there. Do they send you info on all of that when you pay for the tag? Im waiting on payday to do the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                      Ticks are bad. But I worry more about stepping on one of those 6' audible nope ropes! Almost stepped on 2 the last day im 2017. Heebie jeebies!

Thanks for the advice. Will be upgrading my boots or atleast getting snake chaps for this hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmillerdesign View Post
                        The hunt brochure doesn't say anything about a mandatory orientation?Probably can't make it for first day of hunt, just want to make sure I don't make the drive for nothing if I can't make orientation.
                        Just found the actual website for it. Looks like we have mandatory orientation on the day before at 9:00 am per this page.

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
                          Thanks for the info. Also didnt see that part yet about not disturbing anything. Im still trying to track down all the regulations for archery down there. Do they send you info on all of that when you pay for the tag? Im waiting on payday to do the purchase.
                          Yea it’s def a rule. Strongly enforced too. You should get all the info after you pay

Comment

Yea it’s def a rule. Strongly enforced too. You should get all the info after you pay
                            Yup. All the rules are very strongly enforced by federal Rangers who, while mostly friendly, do NOT have time for f***ery lol

Comment

Appreciate the help sir. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                                Sure wish I could trade my November dates for this one . Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X