Grimm Reaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grimm Reaper

Has any one used the Grimm Reaper 1 3/8” 3 blade broad heads? They say the open with just 20 pound draw weight.

I’ve been using the 2” Whitetail Specials for a few years now, with no complaints.

I am curious about these 1 3/8” though. I’m thinking I may try them out this year.

Thanks for any replies
    Grumpyfoot

I use them for pigs. Under the premise of better penetration due to less resistance/ blade length. I killed a black bear with one as well. Full pass through.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpyfoot View Post
      Has any one used the Grimm Reaper 1 3/8” 3 blade broad heads? They say the open with just 20 pound draw weight.

I’ve been using the 2” Whitetail Specials for a few years now, with no complaints.

I am curious about these 1 3/8” though. I’m thinking I may try them out this year.

Thanks for any replies
      Grumpyfoot
      If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.... whitetail specials have never failed me

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, Drop Dead, you’re right, but the mind it does wander.

Comment

Good stuff- I’m a fan.

Comment

Nice shot.

Comment

What kind of blood trail (if any) do y’all get from no pass through? I’ve always been on the fence about shooting these at something that mattered because of that

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                What kind of blood trail (if any) do y’all get from no pass through? I’ve always been on the fence about shooting these at something that mattered because of that
                Lots and lots of blood. The entry hole is so large a lot of blood comes out. At least that’s my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                  Lots and lots of blood. The entry hole is so large a lot of blood comes out. At least that’s my experience.
                  Crazy. Didn’t expect a large entrance. I was thinking it would be under a inch on entrance

Comment

OP I've used them plenty of times on deer. Always get a full pass through with them. Even when I was only shooting 60 lbs. Bucks and does never went further than 30-50 yds.

Comment

Only Mechanical I will run. I've used them for the past 10 years with great success on deer and pigs. I think the razor cut 1 3/8 is the perfect size. I used an old style rage with the o-rings once on a doe and was not pleased. Not very durable. I've killed multiple animals with the same grim reaper head.

For deer I really can't see why everyone doesn't use a mechanical head. I know fixed blades work, (I shoot slick tricks too) but I would much rather create more havoc with a larger broadhead that will improve the blood trail and faster kill. A big broadhead can save the day on a bad shot.
                      Last edited by Arrowthreat; 08-06-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Out of the deer and pigs I have killed with the reapers 40 yards was the furthest one has ran.

Comment

I think you'll find that many many TBHers prefer the 1-3/8' over the longer whitetail specials. I like them because I think the blades are stronger .....and they dang sure kill..

Comment

I used them a couple of seasons ago with great success, switched to the Carnifour and had great success with those. I have to switch back this season because I had to lower my draw weight due to a shoulder issue. They make great broad heads.

Comment

I started shooting whitetail specials last season and have been super pleased. Had a marginal shot placement on a pig (he jumped the string) but the broad head did plenty of damage and he didn’t make it two steps.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X