No announcement yet.

Snuff made me sick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try ZYN. Nicotine pouches. Haven’t had regular snuff in 3 months.

Comment

That's a totally normal rookie response. That's about how I felt my first time. And when I'd go back to it while trying to quit. Ultimately had to use sunflower seeds

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        I quit dipping after 25 years of use. Never once did I think “maybe I should pick up smoking to wean me off Copenhagen”...
        No ****!

Comment

Stay AWAY from the snuff!! Get some gum or peppermints. If u wanna quit, quit it ALL!! I quit dipping 5 years ago and it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to chew Red Man and dipped Garrett powder snuff and loved it, then one day I had the bright idea to try some Kodiak wintergreen.....10 minutes later I was hugging the toilet recycling lunch....haven't chewed or dipped since.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It used to make me feel kinda like that. When I was about 14 I spit in the sink and almost got caught so I got the bright idea to start putting a dip in when I got in the shower when I was at the house. My mouth got all dry one time so I thought "I'm gonna take me a drink from the shower nozzle." So I tried it,instantly that water hit that dip of Skoal and washed it down my throat. I started gaggin,snot was coming out of my nose,my throat burned and I couldn't get anything to come up. I drank about a half gallon of water before I finally got all that chew down. I couldn't even smell Wintergreen for a long time.

I started off with this stuff called Rooster. That was some powerful Wintergreen. You talk about feeling green around the gills. But I finally got over that. The only time I feel like that now is if I don't have nowhere to spit. If you swallow enough of that junk you'll start sweatin like a son of a gun and you'll start thinking about things like.....where can I blow chunks?

I know a guy that never spits when he's chewing. I've even seen him eat with chew in his mouth. I like chewing as much as the next guy but dang that's nasty. I can't do that. If I did it I'd be heaving so hard I'd have chunks blowing out both ends.
              Last edited by okrattler; 12-01-2019, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Try some Smokey mountain snuff. From a quitter, just quit it all.

Comment

Snuff contains much more nicotine than cigarettes which is why it’s so much harder to quit.
                  A cigarette has about 1.8 mg of nicotine, but an average dose of snuff has about 3.6 mg and chewing tobacco is 4.6 mg.”
                  Not a safe alternative.

Comment

yeah, stay away from it...I threw my last can out several days ago. Not a habit you want sans smoking. Congrats on kicking the cigs.

Comment

As a young man growing up on a ranch I tried every kind of dip, chew, leaf tobacco etc. and threw up every time. Never could get addicted. Winter green Skoal is my favorite smell.

Comment

When I was about 8yrs old,the same thing happened to me.More than once! You'd think I would've listened to my guts! 37 yrs later still using it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

It will do it! Embarrass you every time

Comment

Been there done that. No idea why I continued after the 1st puke session. Thankfully quit 15 years ago or so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Like the guys said. It’s a hard habit to quit. Been doing it for several decades. I wouldn’t advise another habit. Snuff Nicotine is stronger and you will find it easier to put in a dip, where you can’t or not allowed to smoke. Then you will smoke where allowed. All of a sudden you got two habits. I don’t know if snuff is good to wean off smoking, but I would not advise. But, to each their own and good luck. Yes. Snuff will make you dizzy and light headed first couple rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                Try ZYN. Nicotine pouches. Haven’t had regular snuff in 3 months.
                                I’m on day 8 with zyn, Copenhagen long cut a can a day for 15 years or so. Not the same mouth feel but gives me the nicotine I need. Feels odd not to be attached to a spitter..... wife’s happy and doesn’t cause cancer. My real thing was how can I tell my two boys that they shouldn’t dip when their older if I do.....

Good luck. For cigs I’d try the zyn 3 mg.... should take the irritability edge off.

Comment

Working...
                                X