No announcement yet.

Leon County property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're probably correct. However, I'd bet others are built well before MN's.....I'm also familiar with Bois project... with Marvin Nichols most of that whole part of east Texas was dead set against it....VERY much resented folks from the metroplex walking in with an attitude telling them they were taking their land to waste on lawns in Dallas {their words, not mine). .....I'm friends with one man who spent a couple of hundred grand organizing against it...
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-22-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

All it will take is the next major drought to get it fast tracked, we get a drought like there was here in the 50's people will be screaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        Every day is different. Some days there is no way the train will come through the next day its absolutely on its way. I haven't heard much out of it lately.

I haven't seen the first tract of land be completely sold, however the rail company is putting options to buy land along the steel structured transmission lines.

The option is they'll pay you 20-25% of the value of the property today. Then when and if the rail line goes through they'll pay you the remainder at that time. If the rail road project does not come to fruition you get to keep their money.

They tend to make these buys and options at the end and beginning of the year because they receive new funding around Jan 1 each year.

So there are many people that I have heard and visited with take the option, but no ownership has changed at this time.
        Heard that from someone out of bedias
        Originally posted by softpoint View Post
        Railways, most highways and roads and pipelines, and other utilities all use eminent domain rules. If they didn't, no infrastructure would EVER get built. They are supposed to give appraised value. If someone is offering substantially less than appraised value, it could be someone attempting to buy and resell at a profit.
        Regarding this....a rumor I was told....the company wanting to build and own this rail is NOT an American owned company nor so they own a single foot of rail. That supposedly keeps them from obtaining dirt via eminent domain

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Heard that from someone out of bediasRegarding this....a rumor I was told....the company wanting to build and own this rail is NOT an American owned company nor so they own a single foot of rail. That supposedly keeps them from obtaining dirt via eminent domain

You are correct. Japanese private investment.
          This is not a government backEd “good for the populace” Project with eminent domain.
          This is a private company taking Texan’s property for their profit.
          recently they laid off a large part of their staff on this project. It shows how weak their position is because it is not government funded.

My question is why did I get two (2) more letters recently asking to buy my property for less than 1/3 going $rate at the time?

I have decided it is just mass mail out based on property tax rolls on small tracts
          In the appraisal district rolls each survey I own in is taxed separately. (I have 5 tax accounts). So in this survey I only have 11 acres So they fire off an offer letter assuming i am a smaller owner. Fine by me, but it coincidently started about the time of the train debacle.

FWIW the favored route is several mikes west of me now and I out of the trenches. But as taxpayers, all if us will someday fund this project bailout which
          It will need of it ever gets back off the ground.

Off my soapbox !

Big pig

Comment

Looks to be one step closer to being a reality

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              Looks to be one step closer to being a reality
              https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/af...d-b729f60aeecf
              Dang shame. This project needs to die. Zero chance it isn't just a colossal waste of money once its all said and done. And what they have done to these property owners is a shame.

Comment

I'm guessing the offers you are getting are from investment groups looking to buy your land and flip it to the HSR project for a profit. I know 2 land owners that sold to the HSR for above market.

Comment

Sad deal. I am close to this and have had horrible offers. 1/3 at best. Horrible deal for the landowners getting the shaft.

Comment

I love how the article talks about the jobs and revenue it will generate. Right after it says Japanese and European people are financing it.

I'm supposed to believe them loans are free and the 10mil in money goes to Texans and the land they stole?

Comment

I'm disgusted that "leadership" of this state has allowed this to happen.

Comment

Cost was always too low. Texan taxpayers will be paying for a private company service they will never use. The day of common business travel is past. Families won’t be able to afford the tickets and a rental car in the other end.
                        Eminent domain for private companies is wrong.
                        Private company that will have to be bailed out by us taxpayers because of
                        Politicians and greed.

Anybody see a firm ticket price yet?

BP

Comment

I read on a San Antonio news site that the project is expected to take up to 6 years and $20 BILLION dollars to finish.........how is that possible? and is anybody with this project able to do basic math?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                            Cost was always too low. Texan taxpayers will be paying for a private company service they will never use. The day of common business travel is past. Families won’t be able to afford the tickets and a rental car in the other end.
                            Eminent domain for private companies is wrong.
                            Private company that will have to be bailed out by us taxpayers because of
                            Politicians and greed.

Anybody see a firm ticket price yet?

BP
                            Any new offers?

Just don't sell until you get what is fair

Comment

My brother sold this nice tract and I told him not to because the train would never go through. Glad he didn't listen to me.

Comment

Well this comes awful close to several family homesteads. One such place has been in the family over 100 years. From looking at the old proposed routes, it appears they will all miss the different properties but be on the neighbors.

Has anyone seen a confirmed route since the article states they have acquired 40% of the land needed?

Comment

Working...
                                X