Zwickies on compounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwickies on compounds

Any body using them? I like them on my trad bows and am considering (and probably will) try them on my compound. I tested a couple that were good and straight last night and got good flight. Probably going to try a delta or Eskimo first on deer. One other thing that was interesting was that they seemed much quieter in flight than my stingers, that is both styles being 2 blade heads.

So if you have used them, what did you like? And what didn't you like? Which style do you prefer ?

I've tried it once after I watched an old episode of "Spirit of the Wild" with Ted Nugent. I was shooting the Eskimos and at 50 yards I had a good enough grouping to make a kill, but wasn't as tight as I would have liked. You can do it and make it work. I've been told they don't leave a very good blood trail though. Just my $0.02.

Comment

Just out of curiousity...RJH1...what is your setup? Poundage, arrow length, spine, insert and point weight?

Sounds like an awesomely deadly combo regardless. Good luck Zwikin something tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Just out of curiousity...RJH1...what is your setup? Poundage, arrow length, spine, insert and point weight?

Sounds like an awesomely deadly combo regardless. Good luck Zwikin something tasty.
        29.5 inch draw 67# 278FPS, GT300s @30", 15 or so grain insert (just the little aluminum one), 125 grain broadhead total arrow weight of about 450 grains. The Zwikies I tried so far were eskilites weighing 140 and deltas weighing 170. Both flew great to 30 yards, which is the furthest i have been able to shoot them so far. The eskilite hit same POI as my stingers/rages and the delta was abour an inch lower. Haven't tried the Eskimoes yet, I think they weight 160 or so

Comment

used both for years out of stickbows and compound same set up. no issues good trails and reusable. i use easton trad carbon with brass 50 gn insert and glue my own long 11/32 inserts into the glue on zwickeys for better durability, comes out 530s

Comment

I used them in the past with great success for many years. The only time I had issues with a couple of blood trails was when I tucked to far forward in the shoulder. Passed thru the rib cage without hitting a rib on a couple. They just walked off no idea they were hit. Walked 15-20 yards staggered and fell.

Comment

I used them on my compound before I went trad. Nothing but good results.

Comment

I had to use 5” feathers to stabilize the arrows

Comment

I’ve killed lots of animals with zwickeys. All from a compound. I used the delta's with 100gr adapter. Came in around 240gr.

Use a kme broadhead sharpner and then strop. Can get them so sharp your eye will bleed just looking at them.

Comment

Good stuff. Good luck RJH1...sounds like a well trodden path of dead critters.

Comment

Working...
                    X