• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't he just ring the doorbell?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      It will be interesting to hear their explanation. Reportedly it was just a simple welfare check call - not a crime in progress like a burglary. I am not familiar with proper police protocol on a call like that but it seems odd to this civilian that they would handle it the way they did.

Comment

If they would've gone to the front door, knocked on the door & announced themselves, we wouldn't be talking about this. That was a huge mistake on a welfare check.

Comment

No need to ring the bell, the front door was reported open for 4 hours

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            No need to ring the bell, the front door was reported open for 4 hours
            So? Is it a crime to leave your door open for a certain amount of time? I realize it might not be wise in some neighborhoods, but what is wrong with leaving your door open?

All they had to do was go to the door and knock or ring the bell. Sneaking around in the back yard of my house in the dark with flashlights and such would be a good way to create a dangerous situation real fast.

I realize there are potential dangers to the cops, no matter how they approach a situation like that. But their chosen response to a nosey neighbor's call about a door simply being open seems really dumb. And that doesn't even take into account the instant trigger pull.

What a tragedy.

Comment

I wonder what his partner suggested or told him afterwards

Comment

So? Is it a crime to leave your door open for a certain amount of time? I realize it might not be wise in some neighborhoods, but what is wrong with leaving your door open?

All they had to do was go to the door and knock or ring the bell. Sneaking around in the back yard of my house in the dark with flashlights and such would be a good way to create a dangerous situation real fast.

I realize there are potential dangers to the cops, no matter how they approach a situation like that. But their chosen response to a nosey neighbor's call about a door simply being open seems really dumb. And that doesn't even take into account the instant trigger pull.

What a tragedy.
                All i was saying was the door had been open for 4 hours. It was also open when they arrived so no need to ring a door bell when all you have to do is say....." Police is anyone in here? "

Comment

All i was saying was the door had been open for 4 hours. It was also open when they arrived so no need to ring a door bell when all you have to do is say....." Police is anyone in here? "
                  Gotcha, and agreed. Should have been a very simple interaction.

Comment

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if theres any more details, but sure dont look good. Sounds like he really screwed up. Sad deal for sure.

Comment

apparently everytime an officer shoots someone its murder...no questions asked.

He will probably get life
                      Have you seen the video?

Comment

Looks like murder from what I saw.

I don't understand why the media headline has to always be "Cop of XYZ race shoots unarmed person of ZYX race". Why can't it just be "cop kills unarmed person"

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                          Have you seen the video?
                          Yeah... he screwed up

Comment

I think there’s a question about how the dispatcher relayed this call to the officers? The caller asked for a welfare check which should have been come up to the front door and knock. This obviously didn’t happen. Was it explained that it was a welfare call or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

I don't understand why the media headline has to always be "Cop of XYZ race shoots unarmed person of ZYX race". Why can't it just be "cop kills unarmed person"
                              Because they have a certain narrative they’re pushing ...

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

Because cops kill more unarmed white men every year than black people.

Comment

Working...
                                X