No announcement yet.

Best 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2020 6.4 Hemi Dodge 2500 4x4 and I pull a 4 horse living quarters trailer with it just about every weekend somewhere. It pulls the trailer just fine. I went back and forth with going to a diesel. My previous truck was an f250 with the 6.2 gas engine.

The overall ride in the Dodge is a whole lot better than my F250

I don’t understand when people say these bigger gas rigs have no power. Everyone I have owned pulled any trailer I backed up to and I spend more time dragging a trailer than most

Good luck on your search. I have had Dodge work trucks for the past 10 years and never had issue with the interior

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Listening.

At the moment can't justify the diesel and they aren't as fun as they once were.

Will be pulling a 25' camper 2 or 3 times a year and a 21' boat about the same

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      I sure hope you get to pull your boat more than 2-3 times a year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
        I sure hope you get to pull your boat more than 2-3 times a year
        It lives at the lake now. I could launch it with the ranger if I wanted.

Maybe I should have said long hauls to POC,matty and rock port

Comment

I have a '16 Dodge 3/4 ton w/ 6.4L HEMI

Very pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            It lives at the lake now. I could launch it with the ranger if I wanted.

Maybe I should have said long hauls to POC,matty and rock port

Gotcha, that’s much better. I was concerned for a moment, was thinking we might need to have a priority talk

Comment

Op I think they’re all pretty good right now. I’m still a diesel guy and really like the f250 I’m driving now but the 2015 duramax was good too.

Comment

Don’t discount resale value with the diesel after 5 years. The gas will depreciate a bunch more I bet.

I hear good things about the 10-speed transmissions on the Fords. Everyone I know is claiming 20+ mpg on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  Gotcha, that’s much better. I was concerned for a moment, was thinking we might need to have a priority talk
                  Haha.

My priorities are much better in my mind. If I could that job part in sync I'd be muey better.

It's jan 22 and I've only fished once this year. I'm usually 3 or 4 trips in by now. Low lake levels have my early white bass spots unaccessible

Comment

Cummins...period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a 2021 ram 2500 6.7 Cummins. Only have about 700 miles on it. But I really like it so far. It rides good, shifts smooth. Time will tell the story though. Ram is the only truck that seems affordable to me anymore. Mine is a tradesmen with the chrome package, bigger screen, carpet, and cloth seats. I'm glad I went diesel vs gas. I started the gas engine and it was just as loud or louder than the diesel. Plus resale is better on the diesels.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 and couldn’t keep it out of the shop. Bought a 2019 F250 6.7 and absolutely love it. It pulls my travel trailer like it isn’t even back there.
                        I absolutely loved the Ram, but it was not reliable.
                        I think they all make great trucks. Some just have more problems.
                        Resale value is huge too. My Ram was traded in after 4 years and I got $9k less than I paid for it. Probably could have gotten more selling to an individual.

Comment

2020 F350 C/C FX4 with the new 7.3 gas and 3.73 gears. It is a beast, has way more power than you will ever need, will pull anything you want and will flat out fly on the highway. You can hit 90+ very easily passing someone!

Comment

You get 80-90% of the cost of a diesel engine back when you sell.

Gas are getting better but nowhere near a diesel yet, but haven't driven the 7.3 gas Ford yet.

Gas will cost you nearly 2x the fuel when pulling.

Diesels are crazy expensive to work on.

While maintenance is slightly higher per service, you service at 10K miles instead of 5-7.5K for gas. And gas engines now hold more oil, so that amount difference, especially with synthetic oil, is getting pretty close.

If going new and you trade before or around 100k miles I would go diesel, if you want to keep one 150-200K miles I would go gas due to repair cost.

Comment

Since reliability is a must have, that rules out modern emissions diesels. And the strongest gasser is the new 7.3 Ford.

Comment

If you’re going to get rid of it in 4-5 years, I would go diesel. Night and day difference when towing.

Comment

Working...
                                X