2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    I heard they had major beef on and off the track.
    Verstappen and Hamilton seem to be fine away from the circuit, but once the engines start "all bets are off" on how things will turn out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I’ve heard tale of brawls between the two. Lauda and Hunt had a few scuffles back during their championship rivalry.

Comment

Verstappen and Hamilton seem to be fine away from the circuit, but once the engines start "all bets are off" on how things will turn out.

That reminds me of the ole WWE I grew up on , or todays swamp creatures posing as politicians. Fight in public, get along just fine otherwise.
      Hopefully that’s the case with Hamilton and Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure not the way Mercedes wants to start tomorrow, that’s for sure. Stinking Dutchboy was fast in qualifying.
        Here is my question to you F1 vets, I’ve only been watching for about 5 years. Is it a European thing or are the drivers, for the most part on good terms with each other. During the race they are talking trash and getting ****** at the other guys, but after the race all seems pretty cool. Max leaving the podium last week was like the biggest “slap in the face “ move of the season. I just don’t see how things don’t get more heated during or after the race. Not that I’m watching to see fist fights, I’m just surprised that it doesn’t happen every know and then.
        Let’s go Lewis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That tow move by RedBull drivers was a dang smart move. I was disappointed that Mercedes did not follow their lead. The commentator said Hamilton does not like doing that in qualifying......or something to that effect. I don't have issues with the tire choices for tomorrow as I know Mercedes can play that game very well.
          I will say that Bottas and Perez did not place well on the grid. Perez did his job on the tow but his qualifying time was odd. Gasly did not get thru Q2. Norris in 3rd was awesome also.....I like his attitude and driving style.[emoji964][emoji964][emoji964]

Comment

Yes, fantastic job by Red Bull in qualifying. Perez never seems to qualify well, but usually makes up for it in the race.

A lot of the drivers are friends off the track. Many grew up together racing the lower formulas. But when the engines start, they are all competitors.

Hoping for a clean race tomorrow, and that Red Bull can carry todays momentum into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lap 1 is buckwild!!! [emoji964][emoji964][emoji964][emoji964] Max pushed Ham off the track and I agree with the stewards......the lunge was late at best. Ham had to leave the track. Redbull is crying at this point.[emoji849]

Comment

Red Bull is in trouble. Soft tires going away and Lewis laying down really fast laps on the mediums.

Comment

Nice job by Perez to hold Lewis up but not sure it's going to matter. The Merc has the pace today.

Comment

WOW. Speechless.

Comment

Comment

Glad Max won, that who I wanted but F1 just went NASCAR there... its all about the show mentality. That's your new owners with Liberty media, but they know its going to grow the popularity of the sport.

Comment

That was messed up!

Comment

Agree. Seems like the FIA was making decisions the past 2 races on the fly with no consistency and no real adherence to the rule book. It did make for an exciting last lap tho. Max needs to send Latifi a very nice gift basket for Christmas for that last safety car.

Comment

Lap 1 is buckwild!!! [emoji964][emoji964][emoji964][emoji964] Max pushed Ham off the track and I agree with the stewards......the lunge was late at best. Ham had to leave the track. Redbull is crying at this point.[emoji849]

That was a BS lasting advantage and everyone knows. Lewis and Max should have been neck and neck coming out of that turn after if the advantage was given back….absolutely no one is arguing that. Don’t get me started in the whining, Lewis crying about “dangerous driving” on Perez when Lewis shoved Perez onto the pit lane what three races ago…this race was great until the last lap. I’m not sure how this will play out but the battles coming up the the last last were epic. Even the mid pack cars were getting after it. Alpine and alpha were fun to watch the whole time. I do agree though the stewards have been very inconsistent recently making the Race Director become a de facto steward and that’s got to be sorted before next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                Glad Max won, that who I wanted but F1 just went NASCAR there... its all about the show mentality. That's your new owners with Liberty media, but they know its going to grow the popularity of the sport.

My thoughts exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X