X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the feeder by the house and hunt out the window.[emoji6]

Gary

Comment

Ran out to our place north of Abilene. Put p a staircase I built for one of my partner's blind.
      I'm fixin ta get showered and ready to go sit for the evening hunt. Kinda getting itchy to kill something so if a turkey or pig make the mistake of stopping in for a snack I'll try to get a shot.

Gary

Comment

Good luck Gary!!!! I’m in the stand too.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

To you too sir.
          I've seen deer and pigs in hunts so far and have been slothful. Not wanting to deal with one in the heat or processing it either. I have 3 doe coming in now but they will probably get a pass this evening.

Gary

Comment

Already guests.

Gary

Comment

Good luck y'all. I gotta work tomorrow but hope to be in the blind for the evening hunt. If not I'll definitely be hunting the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll be traveling the next several weeks for work so I surprised my son and grabbed him from school at lunch. We only have time for two or three sits, but we are going to give it a go. Already have a bunch of visitors.

Comment

Gotta love the invited guests.[emoji2]

Gary

Comment

Doesn’t look like it is going to happen tonight. Early deer ate all of my throw down. Target buck joined the party when the feeder went off. I had two shots at 18yds, but passed. Too many deer around for me to feel comfortable taking that shot with my recurve. None of the deer know we are here, so hopefully he returns in the morning.

Comment

Discretion is the better choice in many things.

Gary

Comment

Idk what’s going on this morning??? Not a single deer around me!!!

Bisch

Comment

Nothing on the shooter list showed this morning. The bucks left and a few does were hanging around so I picked out the biggest doe.

Shot was 2” forward of my spot. Here is a screenshot from the video. As you can see the penetration was concerning.

Sorry tapatalk is allowing the pic to upload.

Review of the video confirmed that she was carrying her offside leg when she left so I was felling a little better.

I sent my son down for my arrow and was really disappointed in the penetration. 56lbs at 29”, 531grn arrow with a 150grn cutthroat at 12yds, would expect a pass through.

With the shot placement we figured she was either dead already or would have a permanent limp, but we decided to go back and eat breakfast just to be on the safe side. When we returned I walked almost directly to her. She died mid-stride at 100ish yards.

Arrow passed through the shoulder.

Went through the heart.

And destroyed the offside shoulder

A little more suspense than I’d prefer, but it was a happy ending. She ended up weighing 154lbs. Removing her should help the protein bill.

We are going to give it one last sit tonight, then I’ll have to sit on my hands and pray my target buck doesn’t break anything before I can get back down in a few weeks.

Comment

Yeah Buddy! Awesome!

Gary

Comment

Way to go Chris!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Back in the sweat box, though I brought the proper footwear tonight

Got everything situated in the blind and realized my bow was hanging back in camp. Good thing we are hunting the camp stand. Now we just need a shooter to come volunteer himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X