No announcement yet.

If you hit a deer with your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady.

Comment

If you stop for a deer you should stop for a hog as well

For the record I don’t stop

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        not everyone has a gun w them at all times.......
        Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
          Weird.
          Now that's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            not everyone has a gun w them at all times,
            oh you're being serious

Comment

Saw a doe from the hwy that was hung up in fence ~75 yrds into private land last weekend; must have just got caught up. I considered further investigating but it was high fenced so instead I dropped a pin on OnX and sent it to the GW in the county when I got back into cell range. Part of being a hunter is being a steward of the wild as well.

Comment

Good job. I generally keep a suppressed 22lr handgun in my backpack, has come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                  I asked the game warden about that. He said sheriff couldn't shoot it. Hands tied by paperwork.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                  similar situation but with an axis. County animal control officer came and shot it and left it lay on the side of the road. Thought maybe they would haul it off and realized if they picked up every dead dear in the hill country there wouldn't be space to stack em….

Comment

I have a gun everywhere I go I just ain't stopping for an animal that just did a bunch of damage to my vehicle. Mainly because it's probably gonna die anyway so we're even. And if I stopped and went back and there's more vehicle destroyers around it and I'm ****** I might go ahead and shoot a few of those while I'm at it.

They're annoying. And they always run towards you or freeze right in the middle of the road. They're just like a big jackrabbit.

Comment

I'd of killed it too (not w/a gun though).

Hit a doe just of W of Nocona one time. Called GW and asked permission to load her up. He said no. They gave em to some guy raising wolves in the area. ???

Ok, whatever. I told him where it was and went on my way.

Went back through 3 days later and she was still lying there. ****** me off. Just so happened to see a GW in town later that day.

I complained about the situation to him. He said "you know I could write you a ticket for that expired inspection sticker" ?

I said thank you, Sir, and went on my way.

Comment

called the game warden a couple weeks back bc there was one on the side of the road trying to get up. Game warden told me to wait till there was no cars coming then put him out of his misery

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          He wasn't reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady.

Doesn't look like he dropped his Bud light until his hand slid off.

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
                            We teach our kids constantly to the right thing, even when no one is looking. You did the right thing 100%. No animal needs to needlessly suffer.

Don't worry about the back seat drivers that will criticize you on this, or any other site.

I don’t think anyone is criticizing him just don’t put it on social media. Why does everyone have to put everything out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Back in college I came up on one that had just been hit still in my lane. The car kept going. I got out and was going to put it in the back of my truck but a lady came driving up and said she had hit it and it was hers. I couldn't see any damage on her car but since I was on my way back to campus I threw it in the trunk for her. As soon as I slammed her trunk, that deer came alive in there and was banging around. She asked what I was going to do now, I told here it was her deer, her problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
                                Back in college I came up on one that had just been hit still in my lane. The car kept going. I got out and was going to put it in the back of my truck but a lady came driving up and said she had hit it and it was hers. I couldn't see any damage on her car but since I was on my way back to campus I threw it in the trunk for her. As soon as I slammed her trunk, that deer came alive in there and was banging around. She asked what I was going to do now, I told here it was her deer, her problem.
                                Haha, that reminds me of Tommy Boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X