SpaceX Starlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    It's coming guys. They are actually ahead of where I thought they would be especially dealing with covid. They are pushing to get them out. Something like this obviously has never been done before and they fact they had little to no idea what equipment or how the install would go in Jan 2020 yet they have systems running is pretty impressive. I still think in the end they will have a plug and play with no installer needed. That is their goal in the end.
    Hope you are correct. I will be moving in about 2 years where satellite internet is the only option. Have not been encouraged by the current options available.

Comment

Hate to keep bringing this up, but any updates? Wife is starting to pressure me to get internet at our new place.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
        It's coming guys. They are actually ahead of where I thought they would be especially dealing with covid. They are pushing to get them out. Something like this obviously has never been done before and they fact they had little to no idea what equipment or how the install would go in Jan 2020 yet they have systems running is pretty impressive. I still think in the end they will have a plug and play with no installer needed. That is their goal in the end.
        Except most rural people couldn't connect their devices if it was plug and play lol. We get a ton of calls from people who are sitting at home, complaing about their internet service, and when the tech shows up they are still on cellular service, and not even connected to their wi-fi lol.
        Gonna take some years to get the hillbillys up to speed.

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
        Hate to keep bringing this up, but any updates? Wife is starting to pressure me to get internet at our new place.
        Nothing in our area yet, but he's rolling em out fast as he can.
        Sat night we had a bonfire, and counted well over a hundred of the satellites coming over in about a 6 hr period, as well as an appearance from the space station.

Comment

We will be moving soon to a place in the country in Hill county. Looking forward to this as I was expecting serious internet issues there.

Comment

Must be what I saw a little while back. 8-10 evenly spaced lights in a line trucking across the early night sky.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

Nothing in our area yet, but he's rolling em out fast as he can.
              Sat night we had a bonfire, and counted well over a hundred of the satellites coming over in about a 6 hr period, as well as an appearance from the space station.
              How long after they get all the satellites up before it goes live and readily available?

Comment

How long after they get all the satellites up before it goes live and readily available?
                No clue.
                Still waiting on a demo unit.
                It's live now, but in beta.
                Just some FYI, you can also see these things in the daytime.

Comment

What altitude are these satellites at yall are seeing. I've obviously never looked but just curious how bad it will really be for stargazers. I wish I had looked while at the ranch last weekend as it is one of the best star gazing spots I've been to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone got this service up and running yet? Looking for options out in the woods where people are still excited about 56k dialup (on a hand crank phone)

Comment

Still waiting

Comment

Friend in Lorena just got theirs hooked up.... 119.3 down / 19.2 up 31ms latency... shes loving it i think they had Nextlink that was 33/ dn and ping 28

Comment

Any updates on this? Is it readily available now? How well does it work?

Comment

I’m looking forward to it!

Comment

Any updates on this? Is it readily available now? How well does it work?
                              Supposedly they are starting the National Rollout. I don't know about that. I got in on the list back in February and still haven't heard anything

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                                Supposedly they are starting the National Rollout. I don't know about that. I got in on the list back in February and still haven't heard anything
                                Sorry to hear that. Almost 10 months and no word. Not very encouraging.

Comment

Working...
                                X