Flashlight recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashlight recommendations

I currently have a Guide Gear one I got off Sportsmans Guide many years ago. It did well for me but is having problems now so on the market. I would prefer smaller on with rechargable battery. Any suggestions out there? Not too concerned about price but not looking to break the bank on a flashlight either. Thanks in advance.

Fenix flashlights. Expensive but BRIGHT!

Comment

Depends on what you want but these two items are just a pure pleasure.

Comment

I have several Fenix and Olight lights they are all very good. You can get them in several different sizes and brightnesses depending on what you want.

Comment

Streamlight

Comment

I own streamlights w/ replaceable batteries. I have a buddy with a rechargeable streamlight that is crazy light for how bright it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Fenix flashlights. Expensive but BRIGHT!
              I agree. I am slowly but surely weeding out my non fenix for fenix. Amazon carries them and they are great.

Comment

i've been very pleased with my Sniper Hog Light. Would something like this interest you?
                38LRX flashlight package comes with 2 rechargeable batteries, charger and case. Furthest shining LED flashlight for it's size, can shine over 650 yards.

Comment

Fenix

Comment

Ledlenser is the best I have owned. Have a rechargeable headlight that is too bright some times. Lasts a very long!

Igniting and leading the global portable light industry with the highest quality products and world-class customer service. Discover our Ledlenser USA range today! German Engineered lighting products

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                      I currently have a Guide Gear one I got off Sportsmans Guide many years ago. It did well for me but is having problems now so on the market. I would prefer smaller on with rechargable battery. Any suggestions out there? Not too concerned about price but not looking to break the bank on a flashlight either. Thanks in advance.
                      Fenix is probably the most popular brand of the more expensive (but not stupid expensive). I have about half a dozen. I also have a couple of ThruNite, an Olight and a couple of knock-offs. I am maybe a little partial to Fenix but from my experience, the others seem just as good. I have a $200-ish ThruNite that is listed at 11,000 lumens. It will literally light up a city block. It is not an every day carry however. It is only about 5” long but 2.5”’ wide so not something you can throw in your pocket.

This is my main suggestion. Most of these kinds of flashlights now run on 18650 rechargeable batteries. They have been the most popular for several years. The newer 21700 batteries have up to about 50% more power and it shows in both brightness and runtime of the newer flashlights. Whatever brand you choose, you might want to look at the 21700 battery models.

This is my favorite edc at the moment and probably the one I carried the most often while on patrol.

Fenix PD36R 1600 Lumen USB rechargeable CREE LED tactical Flashlight with EdisonBright charging cable carry case bundle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TJ41TMC...1MWW0728W55GRC

There are several good brands out there.

Comment

Streamlight for me have been awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                          Fenix is probably the most popular brand of the more expensive (but not stupid expensive). I have about half a dozen. I also have a couple of ThruNite, an Olight and a couple of knock-offs. I am maybe a little partial to Fenix but from my experience, the others seem just as good. I have a $200-ish ThruNite that is listed at 11,000 lumens. It will literally light up a city block. It is not an every day carry however. It is only about 5” long but 2.5”’ wide so not something you can throw in your pocket.

This is my main suggestion. Most of these kinds of flashlights now run on 18650 rechargeable batteries. They have been the most popular for several years. The newer 21700 batteries have up to about 50% more power and it shows in both brightness and runtime of the newer flashlights. Whatever brand you choose, you might want to look at the 21700 battery models.

This is my favorite edc at the moment and probably the one I carried the most often while on patrol.

Fenix PD36R 1600 Lumen USB rechargeable CREE LED tactical Flashlight with EdisonBright charging cable carry case bundle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TJ41TMC...1MWW0728W55GRC

There are several good brands out there.
                          I too have several Fenix, 2 Olights, a tiny streamlight, petzl, Coastal, and several other assorted brands, but day in and day out I use my Thrunites more than any others.
                          The TN 36 you mentioned goes everywhere with me, and never leaves my truck.
                          When you flat out need to light something up, no floodlight does it better.
                          The TN 42 stays with me constantly as well.
                          When it comes to distance, it is the farthest shining "usable" light you can buy as far as I know, and has plenty of usable light in the immediate area.
                          I use it for almost everything.
                          As advertised you can light someone up at a mile, I've done it, and it will burn non-stop until the batteries are dead(36 will to).
                          TN 50, wow!, but not a usable.
                          Not what the op is looking for I'm sure, but I'm bit of a flashlight junkie, and TN has won me over.
                          Just wanted to give them a nod since you mentioned them.
                          Last edited by MadHatter; 10-14-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

fenix is a great choice,,, i started carrying them in my shop several years ago, to this day( 5 years now) i still carry a small fenix with 450 lumens in my pocket, still running the original battery it gets used a lot and occasionally gets put on the charger with the other 4 fenix lights i have

Comment

Working...
                            X