No announcement yet.

Jackson Hole, WY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we sweated our tails off today and had a blast. We had family ski lessons at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. All we had on were long johns and a long sleeve tee with a coat. Just normal thermal underwear, not the good stuff. Temps were between 15 and 28 today. Most people wear ski coats. They are kinda thin. My down jacket has not been zipped up yet.

Jason

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

We are looking to go in June.

Comment

The wort hotel downtown is pretty cool. It has a lot of history, cool pics from actors that have stayed their over the decades.

If you stay at the snow king they have a free shuttle in town, also get ski 1/2 day first day of arrival. Smaller mtn in town can rent skis there, night skiing there too.

Bunnery has great breakfast.

Snake river brewery is great

Comment

I brought some Bunnery pancake mix home with me. Decent stuff. I tried Local Steakhouse and a few other restaurants but nothing really stood out. The sightseeing in Jackson is second to none.

Comment

Leaving for home in the morning. Gun Barrel was excellent for dinner, so was the local. We had a blast on the tubes at Snow King and would do the snowmobile trip with Old Faithful Snowmobile Tours to Gros Ventre in a heartbeat. We saw plenty of Elk, Bighorn, Eagles and had lunch at the Robinson Ranch. It is a historic old place the can only be appreciated with a visit. Talking about a step back in time and is still a working ranch.

JasonClick image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20191227_123241_022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	24603728Click image for larger version

Name:	20191224_121204.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	24603729Click image for larger version

Name:	20191227_105426.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	24603730

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I second rustic inn. We actually went last year in february. Im sure there are many nice places to stay but its close to town and have a car that will pick you up anywhere in town and drop you off, within reason. I think we paid about 220 a night

Comment

Bentwood inn. My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary there.
                First off, I’m not a B&B fan. But these folks knocked it out of the park. Look at reviews , not a single bad one. Very reasonable rates.

Comment

We’ve decided to stay at the White Buffalo Club. Been on our radar for awhile. Doesn’t fit exactly what we were looking for but we both agree on the amenities, location, etc.
                  Snow King was a close second.

We’re going to DIY everything else. I’ll update how it went and what we thought about the place when we get back. Think I’ll be too busy to check in much

Hope the weather holds up at the end of February!

Comment

You'll be getting into our snowiest months then, be prepared.

Jackson is a liberal town , just not the real locals so much. I wore my camo coat around town for my bison hunt and the locals had only good comments and wished me luck on the hunt. The up-ities turned up their nose, didn't bother me at all.
                    Take a walk through the Jackson Office of G&F, neat mounts in there to see.
                    Don't forget to visit the distilleries and breweries in town, but be careful. At that altitude it will catch up to you pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by gb22250 View Post
                      We’ve decided to stay at the White Buffalo Club. Been on our radar for awhile. Doesn’t fit exactly what we were looking for but we both agree on the amenities, location, etc.
                      Snow King was a close second.

We’re going to DIY everything else. I’ll update how it went and what we thought about the place when we get back. Think I’ll be too busy to check in much

Hope the weather holds up at the end of February!
                      We have spent many summers in a town house directly across the White Buffalo. Great location and a good choice. Feb. could be a little tough as winters up there are brutal but you will be able to walk everywhere in town from there. Hope you have a blast...one of my favorite places.

Comment

Well we’re here and the weather is beautiful along with the scenery. We’ve walked around town and been in several shops. Sitting at Pinky G’s waiting on a slice now. We’ve got a few activities planned over the next few days. We ate at the silver dollar saloon last night and enjoyed it.

Comment

Glad you are having a great time so far. If you want some really good Italian food and the best jalapeno margaritas ever, stop in at Calico's on the road out to Teton Village.

You will also want to have breakfast out in Wilson at Nora's Fish Creek Inn.
                          Last edited by WyoBull; 02-25-2020, 02:12 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Lucky for you it's still winter up here.
                            If you get a chance go down to Melvin Brewery and tell Craig , one of the brewers, howdy from Laramie.
                            Cold nights in store next day or so, snuggle up.
                            You can go downtown to one of the live webcams and wave hi to your family: https://www.seejh.com/webcams/jackson

Gun Barrel has decent food and good atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                            X