Ranch Suggestions and Price Range 150-160"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch Suggestions and Price Range 150-160"

I am looking to book a hunt this upcoming season and would like recommendations for a Ranch and reasonable pricing for 150-160 ish class deer. I have been searching, but prices are all over the place and things change each year. Let me know what your thoughts are on ranches within 8 hours of Houston. Looking for two spots on 150 -160 class buck. Bigger is great, to a point; I would rather hunt for a typical and cant swing some of the monsters roaming the state with trees on the head!

I am aware this topic will be controversial. I do not care about a high fence as long as it is not shooting a deer in a pen. This is a bucket list type hunt. Let me know if you have had good results with x ranch, etc. TIA!

If it was me I’d call Marko on here with Las Raices Ranch.

Comment

Ox ranch has some really nice deer. It’s an amazing place with lots to see and do between hunts.

Comment

Out of State or staying in TEXAS?

In for responses as i'm looking to set up a bow hunt for same class deer.

Comment

There should be some great deals right now on a buck like that or bigger. Plenty of high fence places have excess inventory and should be slashing prices to move them. It happens every year. The last few years Ive seen some 200" bucks go for $5500-$6500 in February.

Comment

Tagged for info..

Comment

Originally posted by WillowCity2506 View Post
              Out of State or staying in TEXAS?

In for responses as i'm looking to set up a bow hunt for same class deer.
              I am looking for something in Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                If it was me I’d call Marko on here with Las Raices Ranch.
                What is the screenname?

Comment

That all depends on what you really are looking for. A sit-and-shoot hunt, or a hunt. And just because its HF doesn't meat sit and shoot. Just some places are way over stocked. Also depend son what you want as far as quality of meals and accommodations. A good friend of mine sells a few hunts in the panhandle each year for possibly what you are looking for. Set up for bowhunting as well. Otherwise, I might look at La Roca Range near Strawn.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    I am looking to book a hunt this upcoming season and would like recommendations for a Ranch and reasonable pricing for 150-160 ish class deer. I have been searching, but prices are all over the place and things change each year. Let me know what your thoughts are on ranches within 8 hours of Houston. Looking for two spots on 150 -160 class buck. Bigger is great, to a point; I would rather hunt for a typical and cant swing some of the monsters roaming the state with trees on the head!

I am aware this topic will be controversial. I do not care about a high fence as long as it is not shooting a deer in a pen. This is a bucket list type hunt. Let me know if you have had good results with x ranch, etc. TIA!
                    PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                      That all depends on what you really are looking for. A sit-and-shoot hunt, or a hunt. And just because its HF doesn't meat sit and shoot. Just some places are way over stocked. Also depend son what you want as far as quality of meals and accommodations. A good friend of mine sells a few hunts in the panhandle each year for possibly what you are looking for. Set up for bowhunting as well. Otherwise, I might look at La Roca Range near Strawn.
                      I am open to Bow or Gun. I have not decided yet but it seems like using my bow might rule out some places and I do not want to take any out of the running simply because of the weapon. I am not used to fancy at the lease so that is not a concern.

Comment

Pm STGS on here. He will get you fixed up. He has a ton of 150-160" that are prime for the picking.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

HIC PM sent I can accommodate that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                              What is the screenname?
                              Encinal

Comment

Working...
                              X