Clear All

Originally posted by offshore2005 View Post
    [ATTACH]988514[/ATTACH]

It’s a Willett kind of evening.

Is it good? Almost got it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
      Blantons, Weller 12, and eagle rare....but they get pricey ...so in a pinch I drink buffalo trace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
        Ok guys where can I find blantons? Has been my favorite so far but cannot find it outside of the bars I drank it at.

What Low Fence said. Others to buy while you are buying beer and tequila, Evan Williams Single Barrel is Good, as are most Bottled-in-Bond bourbons. I’ve been known to buy lunch after a couple of good bottles make their way to me. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
          Blantons, Weller 12, and eagle rare....but they get pricey ...so in a pinch I drink buffalo trace

Been pleased with some $25-30 bottles recently. Ezra Brooks BiB at 100p and Evan Williams Single Barrel [emoji106]. Jim Beam Double Oak at $18 is decent too. [emoji1634]

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
            Is it good? Almost got it today.

Yes sir it’s one of my go to favorites

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
              Been pleased with some $25-30 bottles recently. Ezra Brooks BiB at 100p and Evan Williams Single Barrel [emoji106]. Jim Beam Double Oak at $18 is decent too. [emoji1634]
              The Evan Williams BiB (White label) is my go-to for mixing. It's a great sipper as well, but at the price I don't feel bad about mixing it up for an old fashioned or manhattan. Also a solid choice for taking to a friend's house and not worrying if it's gone before you get your second glass

Comment

Originally posted by BigPun View Post
                The Evan Williams BiB (White label) is my go-to for mixing. It's a great sipper as well, but at the price I don't feel bad about mixing it up for an old fashioned or manhattan. Also a solid choice for taking to a friend's house and not worrying if it's gone before you get your second glass

Word. (I’m old)
                Good choice. The Single Barrel EW is a sleeper. I buy a case a year, for my funeral
                Celebration [emoji41]

Comment

The Jim Beam was a store pick, and the Russel 10 I saw on this thread. Might open one tonight, might not, LOL. It was just a good night to go shopping.

Comment

Comment

Meeting my new boss in Dallas next week. He is from CA.

He asked if I could locate a bottle of Stagg Jr for $80 or less

I'd prefer less

I've checked Specs and Total Wine and Spirits

Anyone seen it in Houston or Austin?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought one for $100 last mont from a store but can’t find it unless you pay

Comment

Bought 3 last year less than $60

It’s good but not close to $80 good

Comment

Originally posted by 512robby View Post
                            Meeting my new boss in Dallas next week. He is from CA.
                            He asked if I could locate a bottle of Stagg Jr for $80 or less
                            I'd prefer less
                            I've checked Specs and Total Wine and Spirits
                            Anyone seen it in Houston or Austin?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                            Stagg Jr and Sr are both allocated and highly sought after. It's unlikely you're going to be able to walk into a store and find it on the shelf. If a store does have it it will either be on a shelf behind the counter or kept under the counter for their regular customers. It never hurts to ask but don't get your hopes up in finding it out in the wild.

Comment

Bourbon

Originally posted by BigPun View Post
                              Decided to pick up the Total Wine store pick of Knob Creek today. It's a 14 year, 120 proof bottling. I am not normally a Knob Creek drinker but this is a great buy for the money. I like higher proof pours and was set just a bit back by the just-right amount of sweetness to offset the heat.

edit:I have no idea how to resize images.
                              Been looking for some of that in dfw can’t find it

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                                The Jim Beam was a store pick, and the Russel 10 I saw on this thread.

The Russell 10 is good. I don’t really favor the Jim Beam, although I’ve only had one pour.

Comment

Working...
                                X