No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going with the High West Double Rye tonight.. Utah's finest!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Been following for awhile. Guess I will see what all the fuss is about tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        Going with the High West Double Rye tonight.. Utah's finest!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        That stuff is solid

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          You guys ever make a old fashioned?

I have been liking them lately. The wife got me one of those ice ball makers

Old Fashioned and Black Manhattan are my go-to if I'm feeling like having a cocktail. I can't handle the extra sweetness from most mixers so I'm generally drinking neat or with a big cube, but those two are steadfast standards for any whiskey lover.

Comment

Decided to pick up the Total Wine store pick of Knob Creek today. It's a 14 year, 120 proof bottling. I am not normally a Knob Creek drinker but this is a great buy for the money. I like higher proof pours and was set just a bit back by the just-right amount of sweetness to offset the heat.

edit:I have no idea how to resize images.
            Last edited by BigPun; 01-18-2020, 12:44 AM. Reason: resolution fail

Comment

Ok guys where can I find blantons? Has been my favorite so far but cannot find it outside of the bars I drank it at.

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                Ok guys where can I find blantons? Has been my favorite so far but cannot find it outside of the bars I drank it at.

For anywhere close to reasonable.... you ain’t on the shelf. Pick a store and spend money with them. Some have it... it’s in the back for regular customers. Or do trading for it... but, chances are you will need trade bait that is also in the same level of difficulty to acquire. Make friends with store personnel and be patient

Comment

Buffalo trace and wood ford reserve are my daily drinkers.
                  Stranahans sherry and Brenne if I need to thin out the wallet a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    For anywhere close to reasonable.... you ain’t on the shelf. Pick a store and spend money with them. Some have it... it’s in the back for regular customers. Or do trading for it... but, chances are you will need trade bait that is also in the same level of difficulty to acquire. Make friends with store personnel and be patient

Didn’t figure so. Will keep the search up

Comment

Hit a few liquor stores today. Grabbed this bottle. Anyone tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                        Hit a few liquor stores today. Grabbed this bottle. Anyone tried it?

Can’t drink it
                        I’m an Aggie

Jk. We drink everyone’s bourbon

Comment

Lol was about to say. Atleast it’s from Texas kinda [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                            I like the Devil's River. It is a great find for the price.
                            I know the owner of Devil’s River. Great guy and loves introducing youth to hunting and the outdoors!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	07DE2494-6D00-4299-9FA6-63E3A7A1DFB6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	24605131

It’s a Willett kind of evening.

Comment

Blantons, Weller 12, and eagle rare....but they get pricey ...so in a pinch I drink buffalo trace

Comment

Working...
                                X