No announcement yet.

2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are fining teams who try to steal signs ...hahahaha..got out just in time .

Ok...I feel a need to speak out, normal is changing, and today's norm is not the norm.
    For 26 years I was in the big leagues , 10 as a player, 16 as a 3rd base coach , 20 if you count the other years learning the craft in the minor leagues , from Boise , to Wichita. The seriousness of the writer, the expertise from the front office man, the commissioner, to those who have never lived it. Here it is...I have 25 World Series games under my belt, 7 elimination games, and a 7th game of a World Series. 5 World Series ,3 World Championships I know it don't mean much to those in front of a computer, with the answers and all the rules. So I'm gonna make a long story short. I had a video camera on every 3rd base coach every single night, I spent hours logging tapes trying to steal your signs and finding a way to beat you. You as well did it, in New York I knew the Valentine Mets did it, I knew the Cubs did it, I knew the Dbacks, St. Louis did it, I caught them, that's when the fun begins , you **** em up by changing signs, you tell the boys " if I put a hit and run on first pitch don't do anything, they will pitch out and now they don't have the signs, and you're in a hitters count" the list goes on and on.....if you aren't smart enough ( and believe me this isn't rocket science, it's being somewhat aware) it's your fault, now the game is turned into no breaking up double plays , don't slide hard at home, don't block the plate.if you are not creative enough to derail them, you've stopped thinking. As far as some of the greatest baseball writers who I love, read and listen to, and hang with. You are so off on the sign stuff. It's a high stakes poker game, big money especially as coaches . If you get caught , if your signs are stolen and you don't know in the moment they are close, they are on you...your not thinking, and now because of that the commissioner comes in not understanding, the writers write stealing signs is wrong. We had an advance scout that could watch your 3rd base coach for 3 days and be real close to getting his signs. He would send his report and I would watch you, or have a camera on you, if you haven't played , you don't understand how important this part of the game should be. You don't understand I would not only try and steal your hit and run sign, I would put our hit and run on that my guys knew, then in the same sequence put the other teams hit and run on so when they look at their cameras that we all used to steal the signs they would see and in their minds " **** they have the same sign for hit and run we have". It's propaganda war fare, its trying to beat you......so why you claim people aren't watching baseball because it takes to long, I say your taking the smarts out of it. ...I tried every night for 16 years to steal your signs either writing every thing you did down, or by looking at tapes because I had a camera on you, just like you had on me. Please leave the game alone, and every writer who wrote articles on this..be in church Sunday,because I know for a fact everyone of you looked at body language , vibe, and found a way to snake another writer to get the feature, get the win., leaving it with no creativity, no thinking, and the dumbing down of the greatest game ever......not that I know anything about it....
    Peace Tim Flannery.

Comment

After reading the report I can’t believe Crane fired either one of them. I could maybe understand letting Hinch go but seems to me breaking two monitors showed where he stood on the issue. Knee jerk reaction by the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by gb22250 View Post
        After reading the report I can’t believe Crane fired either one of them. I could maybe understand letting Hinch go but seems to me breaking two monitors showed where he stood on the issue. Knee jerk reaction by the owner.
        lmao

Comment

Boy I sure hated to see them get fired. It was the best thing we had going.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Pffffft. BYE.

Comment

Mike Stanton told us tonight he thinks espeda gets the nod..
              Biggio wont be offered..and this is a quote "he has a very guarded personality and wouldnt mesh well with office and players from a HC standpoint"
              Berkmans name was mentioned but hes a bit of a wildcard and not..controlled..
              Bagwell is out because of obvious reasons..(trust)

He also said crane has mentioned before..he wanted more control...and be more involved.. and yes- "jerryjoneslike" was stated.. so..dont see a GM in the near future..

Comment

What a **** show. I don't know what's more upsetting... that the Astros are &&$#@ out of the great staff and upcoming draft picks or that other teams are all doing versions of the same thing with no repercussions. I bet if it was the Yankees or dodgers it would have been a "misdemeanor" instead of a felony.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  What a **** show. I don't know what's more upsetting... that the Astros are &&$#@ out of the great staff and upcoming draft picks or that other teams are all doing versions of the same thing with no repercussions. I bet if it was the Yankees or dodgers it would have been a "misdemeanor" instead of a felony.
                  What do you mean IF they were doing it? The Yankees were caught doing it in 2017 with the YES network camera. They got a mere slap on the hand. I would be shocked if the majority of teams werent doing something similar. But Ive become a cynic in my old aged so maybe Im just jaded. There is a lot of cheating going on in all levels of sports. And let's not even get into the cheating going on in politics and business. It really has become almost normal unfortunately.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gb22250 View Post

He could have stopped it...and didnt.

Comment

[QUOTE=systemnt;14639273]
                        He also said crane has mentioned before..he wanted more control...and be more involved.. and yes- "jerryjoneslike" was stated.. so..dont see a GM in the near future..

Great, another owner that thinks he knows what best for the team over the staff he hired...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          He could have stopped it...and didnt.

Yup. Report also showed beltran was a co-architect and heavily involved in its use...
                          What all teams did he play for again?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Not like they haven't been warned or talked to about it previously. Keep thumbing your nose up at the league and eventually they will get enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              Christmas came early this year.

and your rangers still wont amount to sh*t in the AL West

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Not like they haven't been warned or talked to about it previously. Keep thumbing your nose up at the league and eventually they will get enough.
                                League didnt fire them.
                                Crane did.
                                it was a business decision to protect his brand and satisfy sponsors and advertisers.
                                Nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                                X