Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you carry a rifle in archery only county?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you carry a rifle in archery only county?

I have looked through the guide and searched here and cant find the answer, i am sure i am missing it....

if I am in an archery only county for deer, can I also carry a rife to the stand with me for pigs?

The rule years ago was you couldn't have both during archery season for any county, once general season started I'm not sure if you could have both but that's probably moot in archery only county. Only exception I think was you could carry a sidearm during archery season if you had a CHL.

Comment

What County are you talking about?

Do you usually rifle hunt for pigs there in the off season?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          The rule years ago was you couldn't have both during archery season for any county, once general season started I'm not sure if you could have both but that's probably moot in archery only county. Only exception I think was you could carry a sidearm during archery season if you had a CHL.
          I'm fairly certain they changed that rule a few years ago and yes you can carry a rifle with you.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
            I'm fairly certain they changed that rule a few years ago and yes you can carry a rifle with you.
            During archery or General season?

Comment

During archery or General season?
              Both.

If you're legally allowed to carry a gun with you you can carry it during archery season. Just can't shoot game animals during archery only season with the gun

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Do you usually rifle hunt for pigs there in the off season?
                Collin, yes, they have ran all the deer off and i am seeking revenge.

Comment

just verified with the GW, it is lawful to carry both in Collin county

Comment

The conversation with the local GW was probably the best thing you could have done!
                    I would much rather have those talks ahead of time if nothing else for peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Hogg View Post
                      The conversation with the local GW was probably the best thing you could have done!
                      I would much rather have those talks ahead of time if nothing else for peace of mind.
                      What???? You think a GW knows more about hunting laws than the green screen???

Comment

I did not know Texas had any archery only counties. I wonder how many and what areas? I would assume east Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          I did not know Texas had any archery only counties. I wonder how many and what areas? I would assume east Texas.
                          No north texas, Grayson, Collin, Dallas, Rockwall, some of these counties used to not have a deer season as the there wasn't a huntable population, populations are still isolated and fragmented due to urban sprawl. They grow BIG deer in all 4.

Comment

No north texas, Grayson, Collin, Dallas, Rockwall, some of these counties used to not have a deer season as the there wasn't a huntable population, populations are still isolated and fragmented due to urban sprawl. They grow BIG deer in all 4.
                            I grew up in Rockwall, there aren’t squat for deer around there

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              No. East Texas is rifle, pistol, shotgun, archery, .22 short, end shooting times are very liberal (6 hours after sunset and 6 hours before sunrise) and no AR.

I live and hunt in east Texas so hopefully I can make jokes about us.....

Comment

Working...
                              X