Lesson learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killed a doe on a late season TPWD antlerless hunt

Biologist pulled embryo and measured it and got a real good idea of the time doe had been bred

Only disadvantage I see to killing any doe after the rut is if you think doe was bred by a buck that you want to continue his genetic influence

Can be a shock to new or non-hunters to see
    I can certainly see where it would be upsetting to the lady above who had recently had a miscarriage

Comment

Only liberals kill does after November, ‘cuz ‘bortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wechebuck View Post
        The way I look at it is this. Not every doe gets bred every year; so therefore if you shoot a doe before she is bred another doe could be bred in her place. My two cents worth.
        James Kroll had an article that explained this very clearly. It makes a difference.

Comment

Makes no difference when you shoot them in my mind however, I don’t like cleaning them and seeing the embryos in there. It’s all psychological but it kind of makes me a touch sad. Because of that I try to get them early but if needed, would shoot one late

Comment

Had this debate last night. Either way you are killing a doe that will have babies next year.

Comment

Any deer (or animal) killed, is a deer that can't have (or father) babies..........Biology 101

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                Makes no difference when you shoot them in my mind however, I don’t like cleaning them and seeing the embryos in there. It’s all psychological but it kind of makes me a touch sad. Because of that I try to get them early but if needed, would shoot one late

This is kind of the point I was making before the post kinda went a bit south in my opinion but i am sure it was my verbiage that failed to get my point across

The lesson I was trying to teach him that it isn’t just a dead deer, his pulling the trigger or letting an arrow fly has repercussions that effect things well past that moment and unless he misses... its repercussions that can’t be changed. I know it doesn’t effect the herd anymore than shooting them early but it is a harsh (to some anyway) visual reminder that it is more than just an old doe laying there dead. That is the lesson that I was trying to pass on to him

I know it’s probably still as clear as mud and there are some that will think that my attempted lesson is pointless and my thoughts and the way I see things are not relevant

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                  This is kind of the point I was making before the post kinda went a bit south in my opinion but i am sure it was my verbiage that failed to get my point across

The lesson I was trying to teach him that it isn’t just a dead deer, his pulling the trigger or letting an arrow fly has repercussions that effect things well past that moment and unless he misses... its repercussions that can’t be changed. I know it doesn’t effect the herd anymore than shooting them early but it is a harsh (to some anyway) visual reminder that it is more than just an old doe laying there dead. That is the lesson that I was trying to pass on to him

I know it’s probably still as clear as mud and there are some that will think that my attempted lesson is pointless and my thoughts and the way I see things are not relevant
                  I think the majority got it but like to pile on for theatrical effect! Your kid and you know how to lead him in this world. Carry on!!!

Comment

You’re good. I think many took your OP as an attempt to make a debatable management-related point.

You have since made it pretty clear that your point was one of unintended consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In my area in Southeast Louisiana it is state law that you cannot kill does until October 15th because the fawns are born so late in the summer they need their mom to survive early bow season.....just saying.

Comment

Tomato /tomato.

Zero net effect.
                        Exactly right.

If you're going to teach your children something teach them something that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                          Exactly right.

If you're going to teach your children something teach them something that matters.
                          Wow
                          What a ****in ******nozzle

Comment

Last edited by K. Lane; 12-29-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

this thread has made a hilarious turn.

smh

Comment

Wow
                                What a ****in ******nozzle

Do you even have kids and are they all cock lickers like you
                                Goodness. I never had a teacher that talked like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X