No announcement yet.

Who eats wild boar hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is Paul and I eat wild boar hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      Not pigs in my opinion.
      Why not pigs? What makes it OK to be purposefully cruel to them?
      Last edited by Jspradley; 10-29-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        Why not pigs?
        They are the scourge of the land, over populated out of control pasture destroyers and can ruin a good deer hunt in a heart beat. Plus they stink and I do not like them Oh and they force me to spend time and money on pens around my feed stations

Comment

I guess I am a cruel black hearted pig killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            My name is Paul and I eat wild boar hogs.
            Probably voted for Beto too... dang millenials

Comment

I wont shoot them intentionally in the gut but I will spray and pray and what I knock down gets a second bullet to put it out of its misery. Besides tannerite its the best bet at killing lots, AR and a full mag at a large herd.

Comment

I think the meat from 100 different pigs has entered my mouth and I liked them all. The big ones, the little ones, the ones I made bad shots on and found the next day, the pregnant ones, the rundown ones, the ones that smelled real bad from rolling in their own poo, and even the three legged ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                  What about rats? I'm pretty sure they suffer and die when I poison them or catch them on a glue board. I love hunting hogs and kill and eat my share of them but I completely understand using any means necessary when pests are destroying your livelihood or property. I also understand using all means at your disposal when they are ruining your hunts for deer on the lease that you paid thousands of dollars and many hours of travel and work for.
                  I agree, but why does that mean you can't kill them ethically and drag them off? I try and eat everything I kill. Pigs I make an exception on because if we only killed them for food the population would be way more than it currently is. There is no reason you have to purposely gut shoot them aside from laziness of not wanting to deal with them. Now I will still take more questionable shots on pigs then I would deer, but I always attempt to bring them down quickly. I've opened up on groups of them with my AR15 and I'm positive I gut shot a couple. But given the chance I'll try and put them down quickly.

We eat a lot of them. They're probably on my house menu at least once a week. I have 5 in the freezer right now. Smoke them whole, breakfast sausage, roasts, they make great chili meat, bolognese sauce, pulled pork, smoked sausage, ribs, etc.

I've eaten them up to 300 pounds with great luck. The only thing I have found, and it's not always true, is if the smell awful when you walk up on them they won't taste great. I mean smell really bad. Sometimes there is no smell, sometimes they smell but not to bad, and sometimes there vile. The vile ones we don't eat.

Honestly, I would rather have a 125+ pounder to eat. You get bigger cuts and can make more things with them. 50 pounds or less generally get smoked whole or turned to ground meat. I can't understand why many people get turned away from them. I've been told it's because they smell and they're dirty animals. But these same people eat domestic pork. I assume these people have never been on a pig farm and seen domestic pigs aren't to different! I much prefer wild pork to store bought.

Comment

They are the scourge of the land, over populated out of control pasture destroyers and can ruin a good deer hunt in a heart beat. Plus they stink and I do not like them Oh and they force me to spend time and money on pens around my feed stations
                    All of which is a perfectly good justification for getting rid of them, but not intentionally gut shooting them.

Comment

Me and family, gotta skin em and smell the meat. If not rutty smelling it be good to go. All hogs stink on the outside.

Comment

Depends on area, temperatures, time of shot to time of find, size -- it all has to be right.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                          All hogs stink on the outside.
                          Elk pee all over themselves and roll around in pee and poop water.
                          All mammals are filthy and stink.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                            All of which is a perfectly good justification for getting rid of them, but not intentionally gut shooting them.

Meh in your opinion but not mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Smell test for me. I don't care if its a boar or a sow, and if its 50lbs or 250lbs. I've found that the majority of them don't smell and eat great.

Comment

If they cause you that much trouble I would think you would really want to make sure they were dead.Why not one good shot to kill them. You know a gut shot animal can sometimes survive, right?......especially a pig.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X