Finally, live log cabin build!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
    I would make them pull the tank and re-set it, so you know it get bedded correctly. Was it the tank completely tied in.

No it was never tied in

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Comment

AND WE ARE MOVED IN!! Septic was connected Friday. We are not finished with the stair assembly and shower glass people haven’t come out yet, but we gave my stepdaughter our old house and she’s been living with us for 6 weeks now. We wanted out ASAP lol. I will post final pics over the next few weeks one we get all little touches finished up. Be a month or so before we are totally finished and hAve the exterior cleaned up. At least now we save the 40 minute drive round trip out there.

Comment

Congratulations!!

Thanks for taking us along on this journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post
          Congratulations!!

Thanks for taking us along on this journey.

Welcome. Not finished yet!! Now the hard work starts outside lol. We have a few bids in for a land clearing crew to come mulch and level the 3 acres right around the house so it will look more like a yard instead of a pasture.

Comment

Comment

Got some more things finished on the cabin.

Got the painting hung finally. Had to borrow a hammer drill to do so, and hang the upstairs mirror too.

Shelving in laundry area.

Shelving in pantry.

Upstairs vanity/mirror complete

New dressers and nightstands we got for upstairs. Never thought I’d like gray but they work.

Our big 140# “puppy” being lazy lol.

Comment

Got shower glass installed today. Top is upstairs, below is downstairs. Still waiting on stair finish out. Waiting on parts so we can get them stained and sealed, then we will for real be done with the house!!

Got the upstairs bedroom looking right as well.

Comment

Stair parts are all in and stained and sealed, so I’ve been working on them over the weekend. This has been and extremely slow process, as I have no real idea what I’m doing. Changing the stairs from a knee wall to open steps proved to make the final trim work a bit of a challenge, but after lots of brainstorming and butt scratching, I believe what it will end up looking like will be good. Bear with me on this. This is the hardest part of the entire process since we cannot make mistakes with the wood. Supplies alone were $2300!! Here is a gradual timeline of what’s done so far. Got about 16 hours into them over the weekend.

Today we will get the holes drilled in bottom of handrail for baluster tops, get them glued and mounted, and hopefully get all molding installed around the treads/risers/landing. Then final wall and baseboard trim install and WE WILL BE COMPLETELY DONE!! Stay tuned.....

Comment

Finished railing and balusters. They were definitely a P I T A. Omg they took forever. But we got them done. I have to work late tomorrow, so Wednesday I’ll do the molding and they’ll be finished. My wife is having a housewarming party on the 29th, so everything has to look tip top and the outside has to be cleaned up. I will take all the saws and bigger tools back to the shop in town this week, and I’ll post pics of the outside with all the porches nice and neat. Here are final pics of rails and balusters. I’ll post final pics of molding installed Wednesday.

Comment

Man this is awesome!

Comment

This is amazing! Several notes taken here for a remodel to our house.

Comment

Thanks guys. I would advise against using the cement epoxy southwest sells for setting balusters. It sets WAY too fast. We used it on the upstairs landing and instead used hot glue on the stair treads. Worked just fine, and no vibrating or loose balusters. I’d probably just advise you hire a carpenter to do something of this magnitude. I made some mistakes, but you’d never know looking at them. It was a very nerve racking process. Worst part of what we did.

Comment

Molding is set on treads and landing. Took longer than I thought. I’ll finish trim work around landing upstairs tomorrow. Here are the pics I got tonight of the final product.

Comment

Looks good man. I'll have to swing by someday when you finish and see it.

Comment

Looks good! Congrats on a nice place

Comment

Working...
                                X