• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panhandle is above the blue. +\-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
      I think the bigger debate is what’s considered West Texas.

East TX is easy to identify, pine trees and the number of poaching convictions equals the number of convictions for cooking meth in trailer house bathtubs...

Comment

Found it

Comment

This map is about as close as I can find to how I personally break them up. Lubbock is right on the edge to me but I always consider it the panhandle as it has more in common with the panhandle geographically than it does with West Texas.

I would carve out a piece of it where the west north central panhandle all meet and call it the big country. Basically Abilene area.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe this is too simplistic but I have always considered everything above the line to be the panhandle. Just below the line is the something else - the "high plains" maybe?....

Click image for larger version

Name:	texas-county-map.gif
Views:	1
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	24556011

Comment

I'm not sure, but it seems that since 1845 someone has been mis-handling the panhandle and losing a bit as time goes along.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                ???

[ATTACH]928347[/ATTACH]
                I was about to describe that same line. To me, that is the panhandle of Texas.

Comment

all of the Tech people I know call Lubbock the South Plains or West Texas. I don't think any of them consider that part of the panhandle. i'd say the line is Childress to Muleshoe.

Comment

Yes, Lubbock is in the panhandle. The big question is what is considered West Texas. I have seen people here on TBH call mason and menard West Texas and they are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Or North Texas, or East Texas, or Central Texas. What's your point?
                      Point is exactly as stated. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                        I'm not sure, but it seems that since 1845 someone has been mis-handling the panhandle and losing a bit as time goes along.
                        Lol, nice. Since 1845 somebody's been mis-handling Texas altogether. Forget MAGA.... let's make Texas a country again.

I've spent most of the last 20 years in Abilene, and now I live in Lubbock. Abilene is not panhandle. Lubbock kind of is. If you want to get precise, Shane's on track. Abilene is big country. Lubbock is south plains. North of Lubbock is panhandle. West of Abilene is West Texas.

Comment

I don't live in West Texas, I live on the south plains. Where the caprock drops off south of Lorenzo, Ralls and Crosbyton draw a line to the N.M. border. Anything to the North is what I think most of the old timers consider the panhandle. The Southeastern boundary is the difficult one to identify. Its hard for me to consider Guthrie as part of the panhandle simply due to the fact it's not on top of the cap but then I think of Matador and Turkey and consider them both to be in the panhandle. The map with the diagonal line connecting both parallel boundaries sums it up the best in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. Abeline is in West Texas and so is Midland and Odessa but then where does that leave Lamesa or Seminole, West Texas or the panhandle?

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
                            but then where does that leave Lamesa
                            Everybody knows Lamesa sits squarely in the Armpit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                              Everybody knows Lamesa sits squarely in the Armpit.
                              Touché

Comment

Originally posted by jes View Post
                                i think the bigger debate is what’s considered west texas.

East tx is easy to identify, pine trees and the number of poaching convictions equals the number of convictions for cooking meth in trailer house bathtubs...
                                lmao!!

Comment

Working...
                                X