This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
    The doctor is turning me into an OU fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a dr

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
      Not a dr
      So what deficiencies does BU have that hopefully Horns can exploit in order to be victorious on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
        The doctor is turning me into an OU fan.

LMAO....you play such a horrible victim. I'd be willing to bet you were a big OU fan last weekend even before DRbonner showed up..

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          So what deficiencies does BU have that hopefully Horns can exploit in order to be victorious on Saturday?

Their whole defense...

knocks on wood....

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
            Luckily Green is all Aggie, he's a stud
            It's amazing how quiet some kids keep their visits versus the drama of others. While I doubt it means anything, I heard Leal was on campus, Monday. Y'all are getting a beast in that kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              It's amazing how quiet some kids keep their visits versus the drama of others. While I doubt it means anything, I heard Leal was on campus, Monday. Y'all are getting a beast in that kid.

Interesting....

Comment

I’ve seen very little of Baylor this year. Obviously they’re better than most expected sitting at 4-2. Just a quick glance they’re pretty decent offensively, average on defense. I can’t soeak of their physicality as I haven’t watched them much.

Just looking at numbers though I’d say it’ll be a decent matchup, maybe Texas is favored a little. Baylor seems to lean on the pass a little more than the run and is giving up 3.6 sacks per game leading me to believe protection is iffy. Small advantage Texas. Texas by 7-10 points is what I think
                Last edited by drbonner; 10-10-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Leal puzzles me. He’s solid but has made a handful of trips to Texas since committing and nobody has know about them til after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                    Leal puzzles me. He’s solid but has made a handful of trips to Texas since committing and nobody has know about them til after the fact.
                    Jimbo knows about the visits. They talk or text almost daily.

He is a good kid and outstanding prospect. I wont sit here and say Texas doesn't have a chance because they do. He will sign with one of the two schools.

Comment

When I was in High School attempting to play high school sports, Baylor coaching legend Grant Teaff was the keynote speaker at our all sports banquet. Down on the valley in Mercedes, Texas coach Teaff was the biggest thing to come to town since Pancho Villa. A great speaker, he told the story he used to fire up his players against Texas in 1978.

If you haven’t heard or read it, it went like this...

“The 2-8 Bears were finishing up a tumultuous season that included road games against Ohio State University, the University of Georgia and the University of Kentucky.

"Back then we played the who's who of the top 10," Teaff said. "The year before Kentucky had gone 11-1. We were the one."

Injuries had plagued the Bears that season, and with a game against No. 9 Texas coming up, Teaff said he knew his struggling passing attack wasn't going to cut it.

In a move that football fans now know as the Wildcat formation, the coach said he decided to put a running back at quarterback and run the option.

The players caught on to the new system, and a good week of practice had Baylor feeling confident they could pull the upset.

"I had never seen a better week of preparation," Teaff said. "We had lost some close games, so it was important we found a way to win."

Whether he knew it or not, Teaff said he was about to make sure that happened. After practice on Thursday, Coach Teaff said he gathered his players up to discuss the upcoming game.

Coach Teaff then went on to describe a story to his team. The story he told was about two Eskimos who were out fishing one cold winter morning.

One of the Eskimos was having a great deal of success and had been catching fish all morning, while the other Eskimo had not even gotten a bite.

Disgusted, the struggling Eskimo asked the other "How is it that you are catching fish and I'm not?" The other Eskimo smiled and then replied, "Your worms are frozen."

Then he pulled a worm out of his mouth and said "You've got to keep your worms warm."

Teaff says the story was more about getting his players focused than motivation, but those who heard it did not take it as such.

A player on the team was moved by the story and asked Coach Teaff to retell it before the game against Texas. That's when the coach got an idea.

The next day, moments before the Bears were to take the field against the visiting Longhorns, Coach Teaff told the story of the fishing Eskimos again, he said. He reiterated the point of the story - that what you have to do may be painful or distasteful, but it's what you've got to do.

The Bears were ready, he said. They had a good week of practice, an unexpected scheme and an unprecedented focus.

Coach Teaff said he knew all these things, so he left his players with one thought before they stepped between the lines that day.

"This game is yours," he said to the team. "There's not a thing us coaches can do. But while you're on the field, I'll keep the worms warm." Then, Teaff said he smiled like the Eskimo in the story and pulled a fat, juicy worm out of his mouth.

The players were shocked, he said. This was far more foreign from anything he had ever done.

They weren't sure what to think. But whatever it got them thinking, it was the right thing. Baylor went on to beat Texas that day, 38-14.

According to cfreference.net, a college football statistics Web site, it was one of only 22 wins all time over Texas for the Bears.

Teaff said he still claims it had nothing to do with his pre-game antics, but rather the week of preparation on strategy.

"What I did was not motivational," Teaff said. "It was a psychological ploy to let them know the first bad thing that happened wasn't going to push them over the edge.

I don't think it probably had anything to do with it. It just made them loose."

A fan wouldn't expect him to take credit for his team's success, the great ones never do.”

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        LMAO....you play such a horrible victim. I'd be willing to bet you were a big OU fan last weekend even before DRbonner showed up..

I’m a Sam Ehlinger fan and have made that known here.

Comment

I think as long as the have a better scheme than this masterful bit of defensive play-calling they should be in a good position to win.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owIw6CW5H3g"]Baylor 3Q TD drive v OU 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                            When I was in High School attempting to play high school sports, Baylor coaching legend Grant Teaff was the keynote speaker at our all sports banquet. Down on the valley in Mercedes, Texas coach Teaff was the biggest thing to come to town since Pancho Villa. A great speaker, he told the story he used to fire up his players against Texas in 1978.

“The 2-8 Bears were finishing up a tumultuous season that included road games against Ohio State University, the University of Georgia and the University of Kentucky.

"Back then we played the who's who of the top 10," Teaff said. "The year before Kentucky had gone 11-1. We were the one."

Injuries had plagued the Bears that season, and with a game against No. 9 Texas coming up, Teaff said he knew his struggling passing attack wasn't going to cut it.

In a move that football fans now know as the Wildcat formation, the coach said he decided to put a running back at quarterback and run the option.

The players caught on to the new system, and a good week of practice had Baylor feeling confident they could pull the upset.

"I had never seen a better week of preparation," Teaff said. "We had lost some close games, so it was important we found a way to win."

Whether he knew it or not, Teaff said he was about to make sure that happened. After practice on Thursday, Coach Teaff said he gathered his players up to discuss the upcoming game.

Coach Teaff then went on to describe a story to his team. The story he told was about two Eskimos who were out fishing one cold winter morning.

One of the Eskimos was having a great deal of success and had been catching fish all morning, while the other Eskimo had not even gotten a bite.

Disgusted, the struggling Eskimo asked the other "How is it that you are catching fish and I'm not?" The other Eskimo smiled and then replied, "Your worms are frozen."

Then he pulled a worm out of his mouth and said "You've got to keep your worms warm."

Teaff says the story was more about getting his players focused than motivation, but those who heard it did not take it as such.

A player on the team was moved by the story and asked Coach Teaff to retell it before the game against Texas. That's when the coach got an idea.

The next day, moments before the Bears were to take the field against the visiting Longhorns, Coach Teaff told the story of the fishing Eskimos again, he said. He reiterated the point of the story - that what you have to do may be painful or distasteful, but it's what you've got to do.

The Bears were ready, he said. They had a good week of practice, an unexpected scheme and an unprecedented focus.

Coach Teaff said he knew all these things, so he left his players with one thought before they stepped between the lines that day.

"This game is yours," he said to the team. "There's not a thing us coaches can do. But while you're on the field, I'll keep the worms warm." Then, Teaff said he smiled like the Eskimo in the story and pulled a fat, juicy worm out of his mouth.

The players were shocked, he said. This was far more foreign from anything he had ever done.

They weren't sure what to think. But whatever it got them thinking, it was the right thing. Baylor went on to beat Texas that day, 38-14.

According to cfreference.net, a college football statistics Web site, it was one of only 22 wins all time over Texas for the Bears.

Teaff said he still claims it had nothing to do with his pre-game antics, but rather the week of preparation on strategy.

"What I did was not motivational," Teaff said. "It was a psychological ploy to let them know the first bad thing that happened wasn't going to push them over the edge.

A fan wouldn't expect him to take credit for his team's success, the great ones never do.”

I was at that game and the story was in the paper Monday. Junior High for me. I witnessed a few Baylor upsets in Waco back then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

**** I am old.... Teaff spoke at our athletic banquet at Smithson Valley High School in the mid 80s as well...

Comment

someone start a recruiting thread. thats pc for get out with that rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X