Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it time to break out the bows and start practicing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't say I practice every day all year, but I do practice 2 to3 times a week all year. And about May, April, I sling about 100 to 150 arrows a week. Again, maybe not shooting everyday, but I do increase practice time and shots.

Comment

I try to shoot about twice a week. I'll shoot in between distances, not just your standard 20, 30, 40. If I'm shooting bad, I'll stop and wait a day or two.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot pretty much daily. 4-60 arrows a day now. typically 20+ though. My bow hangs up on the wall in the bedroom 3 ft northeast of the decorative "I love you more" "If i had to do it again, I'd choose you." "happily ever after" quotes amidst our wedding photos that the wife arranged. .
        I shoot more than I care about decor.

Comment

I never put mine away. It hangs on the wall in my mancave room. I shoot at least every other week or so. To me, just fun and exercise. Backporch, frontporch, hallway.....

Adding that I play with a slingshot and a pellet gun as well.
          Last edited by Bowdark; 08-07-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

End of January

Comment

I hunt something year round. No reason in Texas not to. I get in practice whenever I can

Comment

About 3 weeks ago. Just a couple shots every couple days.

Comment

Just got done flinging a few.

Comment

I shoot year around

Comment

I never stop. I usually shoot 30 arrows a day minimum. Goal is around 60 a day. Been on a slight decline lately because I’ve blown out two black hole targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once a week, I put a 3-D range in my back yard. Also got bag targets out to 85 yards. I try to sit like I'm in a blind when practicing. Now I boogered up my arm and hoping in 3 weeks to try a shot or two. Looking at crossbows and I dont know nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                          I never stop. I usually shoot 30 arrows a day minimum. Goal is around 60 a day. Been on a slight decline lately because I’ve blown out two black hole targets.

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]...You must be single and retired [emoji12]

I usually take a month or two off in the summer. So from July to May, I try to shoot 5 arrows every evening (ends up being 3-4 times per week with family/work stuff going on though).

I do transition from target to 3d in August.

Comment

Usually get mine out a week or so before first hunt

Comment

We shoot every Wednesday most of the year. Everyone meets at a buddies cabinet shop and we all shoot for a $.25 a round.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                                [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]...You must be single and retired [emoji12]

I usually take a month or two off in the summer. So from July to May, I try to shoot 5 arrows every evening (ends up being 3-4 times per week with family/work stuff going on though).

I do transition from target to 3d in August.

Well I had to check out that deer in your photo and saw you’re in the woodlands! If you go to Texas Archery you may have seen me shooting there. I’m there quite often. Come to the 3D shoot Friday! Gonna be a good time. Not single, definitely not retired. No kids though so I have some free time in the evenings lol

Comment

Working...
                                X