Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it time to break out the bows and start practicing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is it time to break out the bows and start practicing?

I usually start a couple weeks before my first hunt.....unless I've made some changes. I haven't pull it out since the end of January.

How many follow my practice schedule?

It's too much fun to ever put my bow up...

Comment

The longbow is in the hall closet and target off the back porch, just fling a few when i think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        It's too much fun to ever put my bow up...
        I agree. I never put it away for any length of time. I love the experience of shooting my bow.

Comment

Pulled mine out last week and started shooting.

Comment

Started getting back into shooting in May. I've got my arrows rebuilt, and I'm all dialed in..at 20, 25, and 30. It's just so miserable to shoot outside right now with the heat.

Comment

I take a break after season till May then I at least pick it up at least twice a week until season gets closer then its about everyday.

Comment

Same as you man. I always tell myself I'm going to shoot all year long but that never happens. I will pull out the ole girl bout a week before opening season.

Comment

Might start today. Dont know yet, it's freaking hot out.

Comment

I've been shooting between 14-21 arrows at a session for about 3 weeks now.

Comment

Usually just shoot a few times before the hunt when hunting hogs or deer because I won’t shoot past 25-30 yards.

This year I’m getting ready for an Elk hunt and was told to be prepared for our to 50 or so therefore I have been shooting for a few weeks and tuning broadhead flight out to there.

Comment

Start?? I never stop������

Comment

usually a few weeks before my first hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            I usually start a couple weeks before my first hunt.....unless I've made some changes. I haven't pull it out since the end of January.

How many follow my practice schedule?
                            Surely you are joking. Shoot some year round. Just started shooting a bunch. A week or so before season I walk out shoot one or two arrows at a time several times a day because I want to make sure I am on for the 1 shot I get whenever it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
                              Surely you are joking. Shoot some year round. Just started shooting a bunch. A week or so before season I walk out shoot one or two arrows at a time several times a day because I want to make sure I am on for the 1 shot I get whenever it comes.
                              No. Not joking at all! In my 20-30 I prolly shot every week 52 weeks a year. In my 40's, that dropped back to a couple months before season. In my 50's....I can go for months without ever pulling it out.....and be on spot within the first dozen arrows. Now if I'm going elk hunting and practicing out to 80 yards.....that's pretty fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X