No announcement yet.

Best Binoculars < $600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got a pie of Vortex (I believe they’re Diamondbacks) that I licked up around Christmas for well under $600 and they’re bad to the bone!!

Comment

Agreed! Had a set of Leupolds which were good but love the Vortex Vipers.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
        My vortex Viper HD 10x42s remind me that I am happy with my purchase every single time I put them to my face...
        I’ve got the same ones, very nice value.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
          Maven all day over Vortex Diamondback, and a toss up against the Razors at half the price.
          Yelp the C series beats viper also. The B is my favorite go and comfortably beats my old Razors even though the Razors are a lessor power. Maven has taken over the top spot via price points. Vortex is the new luppy, $$$$ for what it is. No longer a price point leader in any category.

Comment

Leupolds have been great for me they are very clear and compact to fit in your hunting bag. Have been using them for years without problems

Comment

MAVEN c.1 all the way. Great glass

Comment

I have a pair of Zeiss 10x25's for sale in the classifieds for $400. But just bought a pair of Zeiss 10x42HT's which is the best binoculars money can buy in that category. I gotta tell you those 10x25's are much much closer than I thought they'd be in a side by side comparison, they are that good!

Oh, and BTW for $600, someone can buy a host of Bino's that are unbelievably lacking. Shop wisely!

Comment

Vortex Diamondbacks for me as well

Comment

Maven, Meopta, Vortex Viper, in that order.

Viper glass is nice but build quality is a pile of booty... I do like that they are made in Japan vs China though.

Comment

Another vote for Vortex Viper HD here

Comment

Vortex brand has great warrantees as you might see, but my vote is still for Nikon.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                          With that magnification and objective, I wouldn't expect good performance in low light conditions.

I would recommend 8-10x42-50. I have the Cabela's Euro 10x50 and pleased.

Nikon Monarchs seem to be a pretty decent binocular for less than your price.

If you are considering spending up to $600 or close, you will find a much better performing binocular than the 10x32 you mentioned, completely because of the magnification to objective ratio.
                          Thanks a lot about this advice. I'm just starting with binoculars. Is there anything you can recommend me as a beginner.

Comment

Another vote for Vortex Diamondback. Got a pair from Christmas and couldn't be happier. They will come in at half your budget, so you have a little extra spending money for another toy

Comment

Vortex Viper HD 10x42

Comment

Mavens are very nice for the money

Comment

Working...
                                X