No announcement yet.

Heck of a deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I didnt take the leave it alone advice. It was too hard too keep the bluing from getting suface rust specks. So I had every part ceracoated from the bolt to the scope ring screws. I then hit a bump in the road I busted up the stock. I let it sit for a month or so and even had it up for trade on here. I decided to go ahead and get a new stock. I decided on the hogue but only wanted it in tan ghillie. I looked around and found one. I slapped it all together. I think I got myself a bomb proof rifle that looks pretty good too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job it looks great.

Comment

That only thing that I don’t like is that the rings don’t match the scope. You have yourself a fine rifle, congrats

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
            That only thing that I don’t like is that the rings don’t match the scope. You have yourself a fine rifle, congrats

It looks fine to me.
            The OP can answer the question on what color Cerakote was used. It doesn't look Graphite Black but more "greyish" like maybe Sniper Grey was used.

Comment

I used Tungsten and flat black. It was tungstan on everything except the bolt body, safety control area, scope bases, and the actual iron sight blades. I really like the offset from scope and base. Gotta few like that, **** colton you sure know how to hurt. ��
              Last edited by DWA; 08-13-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Does it still shoot?

Comment

Hope so

Comment

take off the sights lol

Comment

Looks nice! Can’t go wrong at Gibson’s dad does lots of business there
                      Last edited by Rcm; 08-14-2018, 02:20 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Looks great. I got lucky too last year and got a 30.06 InterArms that shoots like a dream for $175 too down in Cleburne.

Comment

$175 and you stumbled onto the right ammo to be deadly with ?

I’d clean it, oil her up, and make it my shooter in the woods. No worries about scratching the wood or bluing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My first real job was at Gibsons in College Station. This gun sure takes me back some.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X