Thick Pork Chops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thick Pork Chops?

We have family coming in this week and are going to do thick (no less than 2”), boneless pork chops one night for supper. What is your go to method for these? I like the idea of something like a steakhouse chop but I dont want an overpowering sauce or marinade. What do you like?

Sear them, then make a gravy and cookem slow till done. Serve with some rice.

Comment

Rub in yellow mustard and your favorite seasoning, grill over wood.

Comment

Brine them to keep them drying out while smoking/grilling.

Comment

My favorite is brined, sous vide then seared. Only take store bought pork to 140 now and it is a lot better!

Comment

Like this!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
              My favorite is brined, sous vide then seared. Only take store bought pork to 140 now and it is a lot better!

This is the way to go. Done all the way through and juicy. Season however you like then sear to your liking. No chance of overcooking or undercooking.
              Making my mouth water thinking about it, and I just finished lunch.

Comment

In a Ninja Grill, best thick chops I’ve ever had. It does steaks just as well, and my bride has it down pat.

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I generally sous vide and sear as well, but I didn’t know if someone had any other suggestions. I like the idea of the Perry’s knockoff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    In a Ninja Grill, best thick chops I’ve ever had. It does steaks just as well, and my bride has it down pat.
                    I agree with this totally. Tried a ribeye last weekend. Made it perfectly medium rare. Only thing it does have its limitations on how many you can cook at a time for a group.

Comment

Sear quickly and get a good char. Then cut a stuffing pocket and stuff with boudin and season well. Put chops in a baking pan with a small amount of water and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven until internal temp is where you want it.

Comment

Coopers in Llano sells them by the truck load. Just get them early, before they sit on the warming pit too long.
                        In other words, don't over cook.
                        Maybe do a test run if you're not familiar.

Comment

I smoke them on the grill at 250° until they are about 135° then crank it up and sear until done. Put a layer of Traeger’s Apricot bbq sauce and let it set. They are fabulous that way.

Comment

I cook mine in a cast iron skillet. Two minutes on each side and then flip every minute till 135- 140 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUU63pZFbLg"]How to Make Pan-Seared Thick-Cut Boneless Pork Chops - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                              Sear them, then make a gravy and cookem slow till done. Serve with some rice.
                              I love um like this

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X