No announcement yet.

Why do we lie to our kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because it's part of the fun of Christmas. Do you tell a kid too young to understand how babies are made when they ask or do you say a stork delivers them to people? It ain't a lie it's a fun part of a holiday.

Comment

You should confuse the heck out of them and tell them Christmas was traditionally a Pagan holiday to celebrate the winter solstice. Christians started using the same traditions and celebrated it at the same time to get more Pagans to convert. Since most would not let go of all of their traditions the Christians "borrowed" their ideas and changed them up a little.

Christ wasn't born in December just for those who didn't know. ( Most likely summer or autumn.)
      Last edited by CrownKiller14; 11-16-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
        You should confuse the heck out of them and tell them Christmas was traditionally a Pagan holiday to celebrate the winter solstice. Christians started using the same traditions and celebrated it at the same time to get more Pagans to convert. Since most would not let go of all of their traditions.

Christ wasn't born in December just for those who didn't know. ( Most likely summer or autumn.)
        This is very true and our kids know all of this as well... We just choose not to keep it pagan lol.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
          When we let them believe or even propagate the belief in Santa Claus at Christmas time. I'm guilty of it, but it feels weird to teach my kids the importance telling the truth and honesty and then lie to them about Santa Claus.
          Do you send them to public school? They will be lied to until they're done with college at which time they will believe men can get pregnant. Ole St Nick is da least of your worries

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            Do you send them to public school? They will be lied to until they're done with college at which time they will believe men can get pregnant. Ole St Nick is da least of your worries

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            Winner

Comment

back button...

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                This is very true and our kids know all of this as well... We just choose not to keep it pagan lol.

The thought of pure confusion it would cause in their little minds make me laugh...

I tell my little boy stuff all the time that isn't "status quo" and you can see his little brain going to work to process it. I don't do it just for my enjoyment I want him to learn that in most thing in this world there's more than one side to a story.

In this case we are still doing Santa. His momma would be furious if I ruined it already.

Comment

Why do we lie to our kids?

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  Then who's eating all those darn cookies?

Sancho Claus

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                    Sancho Claus
                    That some beech is why I own guns
                    Last edited by rladner; 11-16-2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      He was killed by a reindeer that was rutting hard. We don't like to talk about it.
                      Thank you! I needed that laugh.

Comment

90%? Wow 😮

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          OP, do you believe in dinosaurs? Do your kids? Just curious
                          wait.. wut?

Comment

Good grief!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Another added to the list of things I never thought I’d see on TBH
                              That list is long. I bet you are running out of paper. Maybe Santa will bring you a new Big Chef tablet and a new pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                                wait.. wut?
                                Dinosaurs never existed. Clearly a conspiracy set up by atheists.

Comment

Working...
                                X