Why do we lie to our kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    And we wonder why we have so many conspiracy theorists on here. Lol. OP, Treyro said it best. Only you can decide how to raise your kids. I'm sorry so many on here chose to "pass judgement" on your parenting decision because you have chosen not to continue the Santa tradition. I'm also sorry everyone jumped on you for trying to discuss some trivial, non-hunting subject. 90% of the threads on here are trivial, non-hunting threads. Good luck with your kiddos.
    If everyone gives an opinion when asked is "judging" idk what to tell you. That's how conversations work. Easiest way to escape "judging" is to not pose a divisive scenario,. And I doubt anyone needs you to apologize for them.

Comment

Belschnikel is going to judge many of you Impish.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        My boy is 8 and we told him last Christmas that Santa isn't real. He didn't care as long as the presents keep coming. I also explain to him routinely that not everyone is nice and that some people out there will screw you over given the chance. He may be young for these talks but he's smart beyond his years.
        Now THAT is truth.

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
          Santa is real! Long ago, he transcended his earthly body to become mythological, and is now embodied, in spirit, by legions of loving parents. My parents were Santa, and now my wife and I are Santa. To be clear, that spirit is not a replacement for the Nativity. Andre3K, if you want to kill the spirit of Santa in your house, and deny that spirit to your children, that is your choice. I will honor and commemorate that tiny death with a glass of eggnog and a sugar cookie shaped like ein Tannenbaum!

Merry Christmas!

cricman

I like this.

I’m not a “believer” and don’t go to church but Christmas is just something you don’t eff with. Kids will eventually figure it out.

I even went so far as to have the kids put deer corn on the back patio on Christmas Eve. I always swept it up and pressed boot tracks into the ashes in the fireplace so it looked like Santa came down the chimney. Even used deer feet to put tracks out. The kids loved it and still talk about it 20yrs later.

They will find out from their friends that “Santa” isn’t real. Let kids be kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
            So you and your spouse want a little intimate time during the day. So do you tell the child that y'all are going to take a nap, or I'm going to b*** your mother ?
            You say, "we are going to lie down". which some would call lying by omission.

Comment

Did you tell your kids where babies come out of at 4 years old? Or did you lie to them?

Did you tell your kids how babies are made at 4 years old? Or did you lie to them?

The list goes on and on.

Comment

Have you told your kids that the earth is flat? Or are you letting them believe what is taught at public school?

Comment

Does this dress make me look fat?

Is she prettier than me?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                    Did you tell your kids where babies come out of at 4 years old? Or did you lie to them?

Did you tell your kids how babies are made at 4 years old? Or did you lie to them?

The list goes on and on.

I told them the truth in an age appropriate manner. They don't know every single detail but I didn't lie to them or make something up.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

So when Franklin Roosevelt said the only thing we have to fear is fear itself, a lie, he should have said there is no end sight to the depression.

Comment

Because shared myths and legends are one of the things that bond people together in an orderly society. As long as it's kept in the proper framework, it's a good thing.

Comment

wait...so youre saying Santa Claus isnt real??

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                            wait...so youre saying Santa Claus isnt real??
                            Then who's eating all those darn cookies?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                                When we let them believe or even propagate the belief in Santa Claus at Christmas time. I'm guilty of it, but it feels weird to teach my kids the importance telling the truth and honesty and then lie to them about Santa Claus.
                                I got convicted about that when my youngest two were about 3 and 4. We have never done the Santa or Easter Bunny thing since. They are in the 10th and 11th grade now and they turned out perfectly normal lol. I don't regret keeping those two holidays about Christ only and removing all of the fairy tale stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X