Why do we lie to our kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
    Because it's every kids favorite holiday and often most cherished memories. Unless they have a lazy parent that ruins it for them.
    Actually, the lazy parent does not tell them the real meaning and history of Christmas.

Comment

" BELIEVE " in the magic of CHRISTMAS

It's more of a soothing, giving, & thoughtful mindset we can all experience during this time each year while celebrating the birth of CHRIST.

The celebration of Santa Clause along with this magical season is just another way to create an interest in the Holiday. IMHO
      Let kids be kids

Comment

[ATTACH]1109557[/ATTACH]

Comment

This is just silly.........

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by mfarmer View Post
            There's no Santa????
            That's what I meant to say, lol.

Comment

Man if this is the kind of stuff that keeps you up at night you must be living the good life with nothing else to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                I didn't think telling your kids the truth would be met with such resistance.
                Then you have not been around here very long! Can't go against the grain even with a simple honest question.

Santa-Denier!

Comment

Good grief don’t you have better things to consider?

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    My kids are all jacked up now. Years of psychobabble in their future. It all goes back to them busting me moving that dang elf on the shelf. They realized it had no magical powers and mom and dad touched the poor thing and not only did that not zap him of his powers; he never had powers to begin with! They had “My parents are FRAUDS” t-shirts made and rarely leave their rooms during what was formerly known as Christmas season. Parents have sought counseling, Eastern spiritual guidance, hot yoga and chiropractic care. Sadly, nothing has worked.
                    good stuff , lol .

Comment

Because it's all about you Andre!

Good lort....what a fuggd up country we're becoming

Comment

Omg

Comment

Take this **** to the PACE! This **** argument has been going on since there has been an America, maybe longer! It ain't gonna be solved here and it's totally a waste of time.
                          Guess this is one time I should have hit the back button, but ****!

Comment

As a parent I would hope that we want to teach our kids the truth. The truth about the birth of Jesus Christ as written in the Holy Bible and being able to discern that from man's traditions that have somehow crept in over the centuries.

To be a Christian parent and teaching my kids about Christ and the bible. It would seem unfathomable to include Santa Claus and reindeer into that narrative. But yet I have done it.

I can't teach my children the truth while telling them a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                              As a parent I would hope that we want to teach our kids the truth. The truth about the birth of Jesus Christ as written in the Holy Bible and being able to discern that from man's traditions that have somehow crept in over the centuries.

To be a Christian parent and teaching my kids about Christ and the bible. It would seem unfathomable to include Santa Claus and reindeer into that narrative. But yet I have done it.

I can't teach my children the truth while telling them a lie.

Well bless your heart! If you can't do that, then maybe should give your kids to someone who has a bit more parenting skills. What a lame bunch of drivel!

Comment

We need to start a petition to get the OP to change his handle/username to "Grinch" and update his avatar!

Comment

Working...
                                X