2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
    Anybody have any details on the huge bust that happened somewhere on the prairie Saturday? The only details i have heard so far is that the outfit shredded a rice field and the GW’s found it and sat on it, even brought in federal guys. Opening day rolls around and the outfitter sends 36 clients to said field. All **** limits quick only to show back up to the trucks to a ton of green jeans waiting on them. Supposedly they let them all shoot their birds to stick it to them on every count they could. That’s al i have heard up to this point. I feel for the clients that had no clue and just get it strapped to them.
    What i heard is farmer or outfitter shredded an uncut rice field & someo
    ne tipped off the GW's. Hunters were brought in & when through got busted. Don't know if it is true,but supposedly all the hunters were let off ,but party responsible for shredding got 36 baited field tickets. Just what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      ne tipped off the GW's. Hunters were brought in & when through got busted. Don't know if it is true,but supposedly all the hunters were let off ,but party responsible for shredding got 36 baited field tickets. Just what I heard.
      Pretty sure you hit the nail on the head. I dont think any of the hunters had any idea, and weren't fined.
      Last edited by hef187; 09-12-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I like that ending better than the hunters getting stuck with it if they didn't know about it.

Comment

I hope that is what actually happened David. I'd hate to see all those hunters get fined for something they had no idea they were participating in.

Comment

What area of the prairie did this allegedly occur? I never knew of a farmer that would shred standing rice. I have heard of a few outfitters shredding/rolling second crop and getting into hot water. The desire to kill a duck will make men do strange things.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
              I hope that is what actually happened David. I'd hate to see all those hunters get fined for something they had no idea they were participating in.
              By the law ,you (the hunter) are responsible for knowing if it is baited or not & believe me it is VERY gray on interpretations of baiting.. Hopefully it turned out good for the hunters.

Comment

Full limits all weekend out of Markham. Didn't hear anything about a bust. Sounds not good!!
                Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                  Full limits all weekend out of Markham. Didn't hear anything about a bust. Sounds not good!!
                  Congrats to Y'all!

Comment

Now that's a trophy!
                    Attached Files
                    Lesto!!

Comment

By the law ,you (the hunter) are responsible for knowing if it is baited or not & believe me it is VERY gray on interpretations of baiting.. Hopefully it turned out good for the hunters.
                      I hope you are right in that they let the hunters off and poured the coals to the outifitter.

Comment

Yes shredding it made it a baited field per the Feds.
                        Yet I went on a TPWD dove hunt in a field that was planted sunflowers that had 15' rows shred through them, Warden checked us into the field and then counted our birds as we left.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Yet I went on a TPWD dove hunt in a field that was planted sunflowers that had 15' rows shred through them, Warden checked us into the field and then counted our birds as we left.
                          Stupid ain't it. You can do all that for dove , but not waterfowl.

Comment

Stupid ain't it. You can do all that for dove , but not waterfowl.

Very much so!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                              Now that's a trophy!
                              Wow I’ve never heard of one of those making it up here. Beautiful bird!

Comment

Just got home from work but the alarm is set for 4am! Let’s go!

Comment

Working...
                                X