Would hate to be a resident of Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gclyde28 View Post
    the state of texas tells you that you can't kill a deer from february-august. How dare they overstep your right to kill the food you want to eat.
    smh

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
      Why are we even arguing about another state? We live in Texas, sure some of y’all hunt it and that’s fine. Let’s move on already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I find these threads interesting, hence I comment, but I agree.
      The residents of Utah pushed for this, seems they don't agree with some of you all. If you don't like their laws don't go hunt there. Their game and they get to make the rules.

Sounds like your seasons are looking up after recent rains.
      We finally had a break in our extreme heat and got a little moisture too.
      Forest Service did just put fire restrictions on our forest here in S. Wyoming. No campfires now unless in permanent fire rings, ugh...

Looking forward to seeing some nice bucks posted from down there.

Comment

In the end, the DWR says their surveys showed most of the public opposed the use of cellular trail cameras that transmit real-time images and footage. However, the board decided they would ban both transmitting and non-transmitting types of cameras used "in the harvest or to aid in the harvest of big game between July 31 and Dec. 31.) This ban applies to both public and private land.

This thread is seriously disappointing me. We're Texans. We're not supposed to support government overreach. Read above. This isn't what the people wanted. They got duped. Wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Craw3773 View Post
          Try reading the constitution again..... I mean for the first time. Then explain what section utilizing a camera to assist in the taking of a natural resource would fall under.

Secondly, please explain how a properly elected government does not have the right to regulate a government owned resource.

This entire discussion to me is hilarious. I don't care about tree cams, hell I just checked one, because I like watching the deer when I can't hunt. That being said, this is a state purview, and the state decided they wanted to lower the efficacy of hunters.

That is 1 of 2 ways to limit harvest, and preserve resources. The other is to issue less tags. While some would argue that the state just wants more money, maybe they are trying to give more opportunity.
          They don't care about how many animals are harvested. BUT if they can hurt the success ratio they sell twice as many tags to achieve the same harvest. Its absolutely all about the money. Which side are you gonna be on when it sets off?

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
            In the end, the DWR says their surveys showed most of the public opposed the use of cellular trail cameras that transmit real-time images and footage. However, the board decided they would ban both transmitting and non-transmitting types of cameras used "in the harvest or to aid in the harvest of big game between July 31 and Dec. 31.) This ban applies to both public and private land.

This thread is seriously disappointing me. We're Texans. We're not supposed to support government overreach. Read above. This isn't what the people wanted. They got duped. Wake up.

I don't know man, all the residents comments I've seen are in favor and on Monster Muleys they seem to be all in favor.
            I'm not sure we don't need some state gov. when it comes to wildlife and hunting. I sure don't want the feds telling me how to hunt in my home state.
            And we needs laws to protect populations from over hunting.

Comment

I've seen the photos of 30-40 trail cams next to a public water hole, and that's pretty disgusting.

To tell people they can't use them on private land is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                I don't know man, all the residents comments I've seen are in favor and on Monster Muleys they seem to be all in favor.
                I'm not sure we don't need some state gov. when it comes to wildlife and hunting. I sure don't want the feds telling me how to hunt in my home state.
                And we needs laws to protect populations from over hunting.
                We already have those laws. If they were going to outlaw cell cams on public that would have been one thing but to outlaw their use across the board is a seriously disturbing thing to me. Its insane.

I have an opinion that x-bow hunting should not be considered the same as a vertical bow with the recent advancements. That being said I would in no way support the government coming in and outlawing them across the board. Make it to where you can't use it during archery only? Maybe, but not outlaw them completely. Would really prefer they leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post

On another note im going to start looking into the Utah classified sections for some good deals on game cameras lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I'll bet there will be a few lease openings show up also !!

Comment

I dont use trail cameras. I just ride around and talk to my deer a few times a day and feed them off the ranger lol

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Do feeders tell you what’s coming in and what time? Do feeders send you cell phone pictures?

But I agree with the ones saying banning cameras on private property is bs.
                      You know what time they are set to go off, so time is somewhat known. Not eveey animal will show up at the exact time every time either. Alot use feeder lights and know when the animals are at the feeder also. Isee the reason not to use them, I don't here anyways. But I don't rifle hunt either, as that is pretty much putting the odds in your favor in a huge way. But to each there own. I don't give to sheets if they out law them really.

Comment

Originally posted by Craw3773 View Post
                        Please elaborate. How would this be unconstitutional?

Also, if it's "the publics" land, wouldn't that be the exact place where representatives chosen by the public would have a responsibility to do what they see best for the public?
                        I think you are correct. This is a Tenth Amendment or state rights issue.

I don’t agree with it but unconstitutional? Under what amendment?

It could certainly be under a stste constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          I see it as a good move. Game cameras take the hunt out of hunting.
                          And baiting doesn't take the hunt out of hunting.

I suppose some are upset that you send a text on your phone to a buddy that a big one is coming his way.

I don't get the argument about having a trail cam out. I use them on my property all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                            And baiting doesn't take the hunt out of hunting.

I suppose some are upset that you send a text on your phone to a buddy that a big one is coming his way.

I don't get the argument about having a trail cam out. I use them on my property all the time.
                            That exact scenario played out on another forum a few years ago after a TBH'r shot a nice elk.

Comment

I'm sure Big Foot will appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                False. I’ll use the NRA as an example. Lining their pockets and they care less and less about their original purpose. Politics and money. THAT is why we are losing
                                It is not false. And your attitude is a dangerous one. As someone who has been involved with the legal side of hunting and firearms, I can tell you that unfortunately most of you have no idea how much you are being out-campaigned, out-organized, and out-spent. I hate to say it but this community is being absolutely destroyed and all the dominoes have been lined up for things to get much worse. This is not the same situation as things were 30 years ago, 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago. This a is a make or break period in history and unfortunately we are currently outgunned by a large margin. And don't think that voting is going to rectify these issues. That isn't how things get done anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X