No announcement yet.

AR Question/Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 grendel vote only about 30% more recoil than 223 and your shooting 120 hrs bullets.

Comment

I know I'm out voted, but I really enjoy my 300AAC.
      3 deer, 1 turkey, and 6 hogs DRT @ 100 yds or less.

Comment

300blk is good. 6.5g and 6.8 are essentially the same except 6.5g has a tad more reach and its cheaper ammo. Holdovers are the same. 450 is pointless for smaller 4 legged animals. 400lbs or less. If you need the 450, you just need to work on your shot placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Crittergitter19 View Post
          300blk is good. 6.5g and 6.8 are essentially the same except 6.5g has a tad more reach and its cheaper ammo. Holdovers are the same. 450 is pointless for smaller 4 legged animals. 400lbs or less. If you need the 450, you just need to work on your shot placement.
          Gotta disagree on that one. The 450, 458, and you could argue even the 300blk are ideal for shooting running pigs that you bust at close range in the brush. In that situation you want as much power as possible, applied center mass.

Comment

6.8 and 6.5 are NOT the same... Look at energy of 6.8 vs 6.5 especially inside 300-400

If your main target is pigs, and your shooting inside of 400 then go 6.8 all day every day

If you want to reach out and maybe play on steel too go 6.5

If it's me the ultimate pig AR is a 6.8 with a can and a thermal scope

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Lots of good feedback.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                450BM is a true thumper of beast!

There has been 5 people kill deer with my .450. I really like it.

Comment

6.8 and 224 Valkarie. Have both and love them both

Comment

Check out the .300 HAM'R by Wilson Combat. Like a .300 BLK but with better ballistics. Made to be a hunting round.

Comment

100 yards and under 300 all day, want to stretch the range 6.5

Comment

you can keep the recoil for any round down with the right parts

Comment

Grendel

Comment

The 6.5 Grendel would be a good choice, for what you are wanting to do. I have thought for a while now, that the 6.5 Grendel, would be a great choice of caliber for a kids first deer gun, preferably in a Howa or CZ mini bolt action.

Comment

My favorite deer cartridge is the Grendel. I've got no experience with the 6.8 but I'm sure that whichever of the Grendel or 6.8 you buy first you'll become loyal to. I don't think I'd pick the blackout over either of these two! Though I love plinking with mine...

MZ

Comment

Working...
                              X