Budget suppressors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget suppressors?

Does anyone have a budget can? I’ve seen the rebel line of suppressors they run around 300$ and the po boy 556 is only like 199 I know there are benefits such as full auto rated and some weight savings in some cans but I’m curious about these. Does anyone have first hand with them?

YHM Turbo sounds like a good 556 option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just ordered a Yankee hill resonator from a member on here. He quoted me $475 for it.

Comment

In for the ride, I want a 30 cal suppressor though

Comment

I received my yhm resonator a few weeks ago but haven’t had time to mess with it. They are pretty reasonably priced

Comment

Don’t buy the cheapest can you can find and you’ll be happy. Buy from a good brand like Dead Air, SilencerCo, AAC, The Official Q, etc and it will be money well spent. You want something that’s gonna be backed by a company that will be around for a long time so spend your money wisely.

Comment

If you have to go cheap then YHM Resonator is your can. It’ll actually hold up to long term use while being a pretty effective design. The Rebel line is junk, and many come apart. Think of a stamp as a lifetime purchase. You’ll never get the $200 initial investment back for the stamp, and you’ll lose handily in the item itself. You can go budget, but don’t go cheap.

Comment

IMO save a little extra and buy quality. You'll be happier in the long run. With that being said Torrent offers a couple quality cans cheaper than others and made in Texas.

Comment

Maglite solvant catcher.

Comment

What is your plan for it, bolt or semi auto?
                    Will you be upset with big POI shifts?
                    If you have a baffle strike in a couple years, and the company has went out of business, how upset are you going to be?
                    Would you be interested in buying a used one?
                    Are you more concerned with weight, length, or suppression ability?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      What is your plan for it, bolt or semi auto?
                      Will you be upset with big POI shifts?
                      If you have a baffle strike in a couple years, and the company has went out of business, how upset are you going to be?
                      Would you be interested in buying a used one?
                      Are you more concerned with weight, length, or suppression ability?
                      Can you buy a used one? I guess if you sell, it has to be to an FFL? Didnt think you could sell to another individual.

Comment

If you buy a cheap can on one stamp and the can comes apart, can you get another can with the original stamp?

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                          Don’t buy the cheapest can you can find and you’ll be happy. Buy from a good brand like Dead Air, SilencerCo, AAC, The Official Q, etc and it will be money well spent. You want something that’s gonna be backed by a company that will be around for a long time so spend your money wisely.

Going this route myself, I've gotten it narrowed to Dead Air Sandman and the Silencer Co Omega

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                            Can you buy a used one? I guess if you sell, it has to be to an FFL? Didnt think you could sell to another individual.
                            Sure you can sell to an individual. Would require a F4 transfer.

Have you ever wondered about selling your used silencer to a private party? If you've owned guns for any amount of time - you know that used firearms are often in high demand.  As a result, the market is healthy for these firearms and you can often get as much (or more) than you originally paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
                              If you buy a cheap can on one stamp and the can comes apart, can you get another can with the original stamp?
                              No. The stamped form will have the manufacturer and serial number info on it. The stamp is only good for that one serial #. Manufacturers can repair the existing can without a transfer requiring a new stamp, if they are still in business when you need such a service.

Comment

Working...
                              X