Smart's Deer Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart's Deer Jerky

Been asked for my easy recipe several times the past two weeks and realized I didn't have a thread in the recipe section I can tell folks to reference. Evidently I have it placed in the middle of several threads on the ATC and its hard to locate.

Snakelover made a quick and easy reference in an image after I shared it with him so I'm just going to post it here and add some pics. It's been a good recipe me through the years plus it is easy and fairly cheap. Enjoy!

Note...you can mix and match what you want for the Allegro bottle flavors. I like the Hickory so I do 3 and 1 Some folks have added a 5th bottle too to make it a little "richer/hotter" in flavor and do 3 Hickory and 2 Hot n Spicy

Click image for larger version

Name:	00SmartsJerkyrecipe.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	25135309

Some pics of the process....

Name:	IMG_8925.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	25135310

Name:	IMG_8924.jpg
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	25135311

Name:	101_1005 (Medium).JPG
Views:	16
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	25135312

Name:	101_1004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	25135313

Name:	ZZJerky.jpg
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	25135314

Name:	ZZJerky1.jpg
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	25135315

Name:	AA Jerky.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	25135316

Name:	ZZJerky2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	25135317
    Last edited by Smart; 12-24-2017, 12:17 PM.

Looks great!

Comment

Looks finger licking good. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

I made made my best batch yesterday. I have the same Walmart dehydrator and I have been over drying it. I have always set it on 155 and went for about 8 hours. My daughter told me to pull it after 5 and it was perfect. I used the Eastman Walmart jerky seasoning and a little of the Aleggro Flavorizer/Tenderizer just because it was already open, then just sprinkled on the red pepper flakes.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            I made made my best batch yesterday. I have the same Walmart dehydrator and I have been over drying it. I have always set it on 155 and went for about 8 hours. My daughter told me to pull it after 5 and it was perfect. I used the Eastman Walmart jerky seasoning and a little of the Aleggro Flavorizer/Tenderizer just because it was already open, then just sprinkled on the red pepper flakes.

Hey Hey....that is a Cabela's bought dehydrator....(also available at Walmart)..

Comment

I just marinated 10#s this past week. 3 hot n spcy and 2:hickory... dusted some with Cayenne and others with red pepper flakes....awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Hey Hey....that is a Cabela's bought dehydrator....(also available at Walmart)..

Comment

I have been making this jerky the past couple of years and I love it and so does everyone I break down and give a little to haha. Seriously, I think it is the best jerky I have had. Going out this next weekend to get some more jerky meat.

Comment

That looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                      I have been making this jerky the past couple of years and I love it and so does everyone I break down and give a little to haha. Seriously, I think it is the best jerky I have had. Going out this next weekend to get some more jerky meat.

good deal...

Comment

I’ve been making a close version of this jerky for years. Allegro is good stuff that’s fo sho!

Comment

Allegro is some great stuff. I have made jerky with straight hot and spicy and also teriyaki. Always turns out great. Vacuum seal and freeze mine in 8 oz or so packages. I will be trying this blended recipe very soon. Never thought to mix flavors ...

Comment

That's pretty much how I do mine. 20lbs of finished jerky does not last long.
                            Once my wife took 10lbs to school and gave it away to several teachers. Since then I get calls every year with folks wanting me to make it for them.

Comment

Where to buy Allegro marinade?

Where do you find the Allegro marinades? I found Hot & Spicy at Walmart.com, with free in-store pickup. I've made 2 batches with that, and like it. But, I would like to try Hickory Smoke and other flavors. Preferably without paying for shipping, because I'm cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X