No announcement yet.

Boudain stuffed backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried this last night and it was fantastic. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Made 2 of these this weekend while I had the Pit hot, my guys were fighting over the last pieces, going to try some crawfish tails in them next time.

Comment

Originally posted by tmag592 View Post
        Where do you get your boudain at?
        Opa's in Fredricksburg!

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
          Opa's in Fredricksburg!
          aint never tried their boudain. you say its pretty good? I'vve be goin thru Fburg next weekend. Gonna have to get some!

Comment

I call it a Heartattack

I've done this recipe a few times with back strap and decided to try something different this time around.

I bought a 2 1/2lb pork loin the other day and stuffed it with the following:

2 links of boudan
            1/2 a can of sliced jalapenos
            3/4 cup of cream cheese
            Wrapped in thick hickory smoked bacon

I put the boudan in a large mixing bowl and "broke" in up. Then added the japs and cream cheese. Mixed well. I also set the pork loin on its side a cut a pocket into it (instead of fillet). Seasoned inside and out with S/P and Garlic Powder. Stuffed as much of the mixture I could into the pocket, wrapped it in bacon and secured with toothpicks. I cooked it the oven on 375 for 30 minutes then lowered it to 325 and cooked for an hour and fifteen minutes. I let it sit for 20 minutes then sliced. Talk about some good stuff!

Comment

Ok I fixed like the original recipe called for and grilled it up. Bacon was cooked, Backstrap was medium rare, cheese was about to bubble out. But there was a problem... It didnt last long !!! I bit my tounge and my hand... almost had to eat the plate.... Then I fixed it another time and realized after that was gone that I didnt have anymore backstrap... S**t... I have to kill another deer and havent been able to get one in range in a few weeks......

Comment

Tried it over Thanksgiving Weekend... definitely one to add to the favorites!

Comment

Tried it yesterday - very good - but, I'm gonna have to work on my meat cutting skills a bit cause I kinda butcherd up my backstrap - and I over cooked it a bit - gonna try it again in a few days.

Comment

I used this recipe last year in a porkloin. Man O'man. Good stuff. I have two fresh backstraps I may use it on this time. Looks/sounds good.

Comment

Made mine this weekend. It was great.

Comment

gonna have to try this.

Comment

this is one of the best things ive had in a long time

Comment

I like this for sure...thanks!

Comment

used boneless skinless chicken thighs the other day instead of of backstrap. When the chicken was cooked, I layed a slice of mozerella and pepper jack on top. let the cheese melt.MMM!

No wonder I'm so fat!

Comment

this is heaven on earth! got to be one of my top five dishes!

Comment

Working...
                                X