DIY Aoudad Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    My brother lucked out and shot this one on my mom's place. We've caught them occasionally on camera but this is the first time either of us saw one in the flesh.
    very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
      Our place borders devils river park we have lots of aoudad . I dont charge to much send me text 432-208-9584
      Hi REM40X do you still have the property available for aoudad hunting? If so I would be interested.

Comment

These stupid things run deer and hogs off. You may be able to find land owners in Burnet County near Lake Buchanan that would let you hunt.
        Attached Files

Comment

Biologic berry protein bags at Walmart and BigAndJ bags. They'll get down in front knees to lick it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
            OTC in New Mexico?
            We killed them all. Better to stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
              Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!

They can go there and you can be successful but chances are beyond small. Once you factor in gas and other incidentals plus vacation time for a few trips to get one, if you’re lucky, I think I’d rather go to Mike’s places and up the chances with a rifle in my hands.

If the OP is ok with maybe never getting one and lots of frustration then Amistad if you’re place .

Solo Hunter filmed a few episodes DIY with Mike if you want to get a feel for one of the places.
              We went out there after Christmas. I almost got a shot at a nice ram and my brother hit one. Unfortunately we never found it.

Comment

My brother lucked out and shot this one on my mom's place. We've caught them occasionally on camera but this is the first time either of us saw one in the flesh.
                Your brother appears to have mastered shot placement. How far did he go?

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                  Your brother appears to have mastered shot placement. How far did he go?
                  I don't remember but know he said it went a looong way. I guess this is why he wasn't surprised to lose the one at Amistad. He saw the hit, knows it was good and felt good about how much penetration he got. But he couldn't find blood and wasn't able to locate him.

Comment

I don't remember but know he said it went a looong way. I guess this is why he wasn't surprised to lose the one at Amistad. He saw the hit, knows it was good and felt good about how much penetration he got. But he couldn't find blood and wasn't able to locate him.
                    It’s that winter coat....clogs everything up quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
                      Our place borders devils river park we have lots of aoudad . I dont charge to much send me text 432-208-9584
                      REM40X - Definitely interested if this is still available. Thanks!

Comment

I'm also interested, will be following this thread.

Comment

Yall can have them goats...they stink, they're hard to skin and inedible, Worst of all, they get all jealous if you talk to their ewes.

Comment

Just got back from Devils River SNA on a draw hunt. Loaded with Auodad. I shot 4 but no big rams. That said, 2 weeks before me a little girl shot a 36" ram in the same compartment as I.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                              Just got back from Devils River SNA on a draw hunt. Loaded with Auodad. I shot 4 but no big rams. That said, 2 weeks before me a little girl shot a 36" ram in the same compartment as I.
                              I was there too. I was the guy driving the silver Dodge diesel. I got 4 as well. A 28" ram, 22" ram, and 2 ewes. I ended up leaving a day early.

Were you the guy that camped in the tent?
                              Last edited by Grizz83; 01-30-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

How many draw for devils river in a season?

Comment

Working...
                                X